Windows 10: No users showing on sign in screen

Discus and support No users showing on sign in screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BossMegamanX7, Jun 28, 2022.

1. No users showing on sign in screen

I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in. To fix it I need to go into aadvanced startup but there's no power option in the bottom right corner and when I try to switch the pc off and on there's no manufacturer logo so I don't know how to get to advanced startup is there any way I can fix it.

:)

BossMegamanX7, Jun 28, 2022
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative No users showing on sign in screen :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Jun 28, 2022
  4. No users showing on sign in screen

How to sign in to Windows 10 as different User

Hi,

There are several ways that you can do to switch between your 2 accounts, such as going through
    Start menu, through Ctrl +
    Alt
    + Delete screen, through Sign-in
    screen or through Task Manager. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you connected to a domain or managed by Windows Server?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to switch user account:

• Click/tap on your desktop to make it the current focused (active) window, and press
      Alt + F4 keys to open Shut Down Windows window.
    • Click on the drop down menu and select Switch user.
    • You will now be taken to the lock screen to unlock.
    • It will show you the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

No users showing on sign in screen

1. No users showing on sign in screen - Similar Threads - users showing sign

2. The "Other User" sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Other User" sign in screen.: Hello,So I clean installed Windows 10 created my account and everything but when I start my PC the Other user screen comes up. I have to select my account and then enter the password. It's a sort of big deal for me. My PC is working fine I have an administrator account it's...
  3. The "Other User" sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Other User" sign in screen.: Hello,So I clean installed Windows 10 created my account and everything but when I start my PC the Other user screen comes up. I have to select my account and then enter the password. It's a sort of big deal for me. My PC is working fine I have an administrator account it's...
  4. The "Other User" sign in screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. No users showing on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No users showing on sign in screen: I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in. To fix it I need to go into aadvanced startup but there's no power option in the bottom right corner and when I try to switch...
  6. No users showing on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No users showing on sign in screen: I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in. To fix it I need to go into aadvanced startup but there's no power option in the bottom right corner and when I try to switch...
  7. Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?: Hi all, Is this possible in Windows 10? It used to be a default feature in WinXP and 7 but I cant tell whos logged in to a computer without logging in myself and looking at Task Manager. Would be really useful as camera often fails with Teams etc if another user is already...
  8. Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to Show all signed in Users on the Welcome Screen?: Hi all, Is this possible in Windows 10? It used to be a default feature in WinXP and 7 but I cant tell whos logged in to a computer without logging in myself and looking at Task Manager. Would be really useful as camera often fails with Teams etc if another user is already...
  9. I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in

I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in: Hi, everyone... I'm trying to find a registry hack or something to address the change Microsoft made going from Windows 8.x to Windows 10. Here is a quick run-down of what Microsoft changed: My wife and I have 4 children. One of our PCs is used by all of the...
  10. Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users

Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users: I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three iterations. I find also that when trying to save some excel and word documents I receive messages saying that i am not allowed to...