Windows 10: No users visible in Local Users and Groups

Discus and support No users visible in Local Users and Groups in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After forgetting the local administrator password, I followed that guide for offline editing the SAM registry file. This clearly caused a problem,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by daninthemix, Jul 3, 2016.

1. No users visible in Local Users and Groups

After forgetting the local administrator password, I followed that guide for offline editing the SAM registry file. This clearly caused a problem, because no I see no users in LUAG as per the attached. All the accounts work fine, except the built-in administrator account which I can't do anything with (if I try to enable it using the 'net user' command, net crashes).

I suspect I may just have to live with this, but does anyone have any suggestions about how to 'clean' the administrator account in the registry so that LUAG works again?

Thanks

:)

daninthemix, Jul 3, 2016

2. Local users and groups not available in upgraded Windows 10

Unfortunately, no, I couldn't figure out how to fix it without reinstalling the OS. (Did a refresh).

That fixed my specific issue, but it still acts "differently" than installing a fresh PRO install. Quirky...sometimes things work as expected... sometimes they "revert" back to original settings when ever the OS updates itself.

tbrand1968, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Local users and groups not available in upgraded Windows 10

Hi,

I request you to post your query in the TechNet forums for better assistance:

Technet forums - Windows 10 Networking

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jul 3, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

No users visible in Local Users and Groups

Check your Windows version!

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

What command(s) you use to activate the Administrator?

snoopy51, Jul 3, 2016
  5. Ended up restore the SAM file from backup.

daninthemix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No users visible in Local Users and Groups

1. No users visible in Local Users and Groups - Similar Threads - users visible Local

2. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  3. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  4. "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.: I saw many "Hacked Backdoor Accounts" on YouTube. Just for my curiosity, I followed their instructions. However now I am concerned as the "Computer Managment" app does not show the "Local Users And Groups" option in the list.I also tried netplwiz Advance User Management but...
  5. "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.

"Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.: I saw many "Hacked Backdoor Accounts" on YouTube. Just for my curiosity, I followed their instructions. However now I am concerned as the "Computer Managment" app does not show the "Local Users And Groups" option in the list.I also tried netplwiz Advance User Management but...
  6. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user and groups not visible in 21H2: Hi Experts,I recently updated to windows 10 home 21H2 from 20H2 version. While I was able to use multiple accounts in the 20H2 e.g., adding a guest account etc, this feature no longer supports in the 21H2. Please suggest why it is happening and what is the best way to deal...
  7. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

Local user and groups not visible in 21H2: Hi Experts,I recently updated to windows 10 home 21H2 from 20H2 version. While I was able to use multiple accounts in the 20H2 e.g., adding a guest account etc, this feature no longer supports in the 21H2. Please suggest why it is happening and what is the best way to deal...
  8. Local user and groups not visible in 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Users do not show in Local Users and Groups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users do not show in Local Users and Groups: On Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 domain joined we do not see users in "Edit local users and groups. Instead of seeing a list of users, we see "There are no items to show in this view" We can add a user, still doesn't show up, but when we go to Groups, we can add the user to...
  10. Local Users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Users and Groups: I am trying to sort my old laptop for my son to use. I am trying to add a new user so that can be his profile. Local Users and Groups appears to be missing from the settings and I cannot find a way to restore it. Furthermore, the only admin account on the computer is my...