Windows 10: No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

Discus and support No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AwesomeKalin55, Jan 15, 2022.

1. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays blue forever, so I went to the open source version and it stays black. I'm going to run Microsoft Store troubleshoot tonight, since I don't have the admin password to this device. Anything I can do until then?P.S. Photos is selected as sub-category since it does it with Photos too, with same error I just use the thumbnai

:)

AwesomeKalin55, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

Source: Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP libraries and Samples App | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Jan 15, 2022
  4. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

1. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start - Similar Threads - UWP app Powershell

2. Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.: I have been having trouble opening up command prompt and Power Shell. Every time I attempted to open up command prompt, it would close immediately or it will give me the following message: ```[process exited with code 3221225477 0xc0000005]You can now close this terminal with...
  3. Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.: I have been having trouble opening up command prompt and Power Shell. Every time I attempted to open up command prompt, it would close immediately or it will give me the following message: ```[process exited with code 3221225477 0xc0000005]You can now close this terminal with...
  4. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  5. uwp apps not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uwp apps not opening: most of the universal windows platform apps windows store apps won't open on my pc for some reason, though system apps such as quick assist, windows defender, settings, and windows sandbox do open. is there a reason this happens and a fix for this issue? video demonstration:...
  6. Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell: Hello! Recently I resetted my PC using the Reset this PC feature. I noticed that all of my UWP apps are gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-uwp-appspowershell/a0524ef2-c5ab-4a52-bf34-0f0b4b66e475
  7. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch: Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my Photos App is not starting and I started using a third party photo viewer so I don't think it's much of a problem. Just now,...
  8. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  9. Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

in Windows 10 News
    Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..: Windows App Studio is all about making it as easy as possible to build apps for Windows. The online tool helps you build apps with no coding required, so you can either start your project there and extend it in Visual Studio, or you can create and build the app completely in...
  10. XAML Behaviors, open source and on UWP

in Windows 10 News
    XAML Behaviors, open source and on UWP: Your requests to grow the XAML Behaviors platform and bring them forward to support UWP app development have been heard. Today we announce the next step: XAML Behaviors natively supported for UWP and shipping as a NuGet package (for both native and managed projects)....