Windows 10: No verification email message for new account alias email.

Discus and support No verification email message for new account alias email. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have lost access to my primary alias email address which I use to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can still use it to sign in but prefer to change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SoonL, Oct 17, 2021.

1. SoonL Win User

No verification email message for new account alias email.

I have lost access to my primary alias email address which I use to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can still use it to sign in but prefer to change it to a new email address. I have added this new email address to my account aliases but need to verify it. When I press the "verify" button, the message "We've sent an email message to {the new email address} so that you can verify you own it". However, no email comes through. I have tried another new email address but the same thing happens when I try to verify it. Any suggestions what I should do? I have checked my spam folders and they are

:)

SoonL, Oct 17, 2021

2. Microsoft account email alias problem

i changed the alias and removed the default one, so now i have only the new one in the list...the default one that was their is gone

i did not know that removing the default alias would mean i would lose my original email address, because now my original email adress isnt working.

and on top of that, my new alias or should i say new email address isint recieving emails... over 20 years of usuing the same email address and its gone because i thought a alias was just a display name.

Steven Campoli, Oct 17, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 17, 2021
  4. webJockey Win User

email account hacked. please help

Thanks MailMan78. Just did what BarbaricSoul said but I am still receiving spam from my own account, don't know what to do. I have contacted yahoo about issue and to restore my emails. Also now yahoo offers "Step two verification"

webJockey, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. No verification email message for new account alias email. - Similar Threads - verification email message

2. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  3. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  4. Changing email name for alias emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. No verification email message for new account alias email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No verification email message for new account alias email.: I have lost access to my primary alias email address which I use to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can still use it to sign in but prefer to change it to a new email address. I have added this new email address to my account aliases but need to verify it. When I press the...
  6. No verification email message for new account alias email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No verification email message for new account alias email.: I have lost access to my primary alias email address which I use to sign in to my Microsoft account. I can still use it to sign in but prefer to change it to a new email address. I have added this new email address to my account aliases but need to verify it. When I press the...
  7. Email was removed by an "alias"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email was removed by an "alias": Im signing in here through my wifes account because my email "No longer exists". I got a text saying "Primary alias changed from my email to xyz. Not Correct? Visit...…went to said website and still couldn't do anything. All this after finding out that a Microsoft Tablet of...
  8. Microsoft account email alias problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account email alias problem: My default alias used to be my default email address. Now I changed the alias not knowing that I would not be able to revert back to my @HOTmail.com alias.... so now unless I send a email to the alias all mail becomes undelivered. How can I switch the alias back to my...
  9. Email Alias Problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Email Alias Problem: I will cut to the chase. We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive inquiries that will go directly to our ticketing system. Our goal for creating the alias is to separate the tickets that are...
  10. Alias email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Alias email addresses: I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I get around this?...