Windows 10: No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

Discus and support No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However: It is only an app with links to some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 205sno, Aug 17, 2020.

1. 205sno Win User

No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However:

It is only an app with links to some YouTube VLC tutorials and other links to alleged VLC experts.

It is really bad. The DANGEROUS part is the developer also included an app called Blue-Ray+ which I DID NOT ask for and which I find is impossible to rid my PC of all the junk it left behind even after a MS WIN 10 uninstall.

DOES MS APP STORE DO ANY VETTING OF APPS? Especially annoying was this was promoted front page under DEALS and was the first app. Big mistake by me to not do more vetting myself. I trust Microsoft to look out for us like APPLE.

Please correct me if I am wrong about their doing on Vetting of APPS or DEVELOPERS. Please help the discussion as it is morally wrong for the MS brand to allow these people access to our WIN 10 machines because of the TRUST we place in them. Thank you!

:)

205sno, Aug 17, 2020

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 17, 2020
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Aug 17, 2020
  4. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

1. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE - Similar Threads - vetting APPS APP

2. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  3. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MS Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  6. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  7. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. MS STORE APP

MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  9. MS-Store app not working

MS-Store app not working: Hello Community, A view days ago I had to install the Microsoft HoloLens App on my developement-pc which has no internet access. Therefore I received a .appx File downloaded from Microsoft Business Store and all corresponding dependencies .NET.Native.Framework.. and so ....
  10. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE: I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However: It is only an app with links to some YouTube VLC tutorials and other links to alleged VLC experts. It is really bad. The DANGEROUS part is the developer also...