Windows 10: No Video But audio on most internet videos

Discus and support No Video But audio on most internet videos in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I thought I deleted something important from my computer that made my Chrome not display video properly(CCleaner was my guess but I was wrong) but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Big2hd, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Big2hd Win User

No Video But audio on most internet videos

Hi, I thought I deleted something important from my computer that made my Chrome not display video properly(CCleaner was my guess but I was wrong) but then I did fresh windows install and video and audio were working until windows 10 updated itself and I was back to square one. Sites like Twitch, Reddit (Imgur vids), and Facebook are most notable that isn't working, all look like that screenshot below.

pls help Thx in Advance

No Video But audio on most internet videos [​IMG]

Win 10 Pro x64
    Radeon 4250

:)

Big2hd, Feb 23, 2018

2. Why are my videos not playing with windows 10?

I still have problems after your two suggested methods. Video playback of YouTube videos are unpredictable. Most times I get an error message, black screen no audio, black screen choppy audio, green screen with audio, sometimes delayed video after audio
    has started 10 seconds or more.

Refreshing the page hasn't worked. I've right clicked over the video to bring up the help menu, but it only allows me to check a box for video echo. Private videos does not play at all. These problems exist universally across the internet as most websites use
    YouTube as their video source. I can't even play the first video in the "Let's get started" info of Windows 10.

KennethBatten, Feb 23, 2018
  3. Audio and video

I have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 Home Edition..i am having problems with streaming audio and video. Most times the video is not there and the audio is all chopped up..youtube, Netflix etc are all acting the same way..I have tried using the
    Internet Explorer option and it is the same results..any ideas on how to correct this?

montyfootdoc, Feb 23, 2018
  4. No Video But audio on most internet videos

Hi Big2hd

First thing to try is another browser, recommend Firefox as a test platform.

What AV are you running.

Any privacy or ad blockers or anti tracking software install?

If you check Window Update history you should see what drivers have been installed, you mentioned Windows update. Any listed as video?

If you do a clean boot do you have the same issue?
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts [/URL]

Are you signed into Chrome? Have you cleared Browsing data? You don't have to delete passwords but know them especially if they are within cookies.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2018
  5. Big2hd Win User
    Hi Ken,

Completely forgot about good ol Firefox just for giggles I tried MS Edge too and its both video wise are working fine!

Still a no go on any other browser that I usually use though.(Chrome even when signed out, Opera, Vivaldi)

I usually have a combo of comodo firewall + windows defender running and thats it. But I just did a clean install so only have default firewall AV going.

Gonna try that clean boot right now.

Big2hd, Feb 23, 2018
  6. Sounds like a Chrome setting. Likely in Content. Three dots upper right, settings, three bars upper left, Advance, Privacy and security, content.

Did you delete browsing history? Maybe a simple Chrome reset.

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2018
  7. Big2hd Win User
    Yeah i cleaned browser(CCleaner) and looked around the content settings for anything but like I said this new install so I've never messed with anything in there.

Big2hd, Feb 23, 2018
  8. Helmut Win User

IE 11, Edge, and Chrome work here on the one you show, no problem, video and sound.

Which leads to what you have added or disabled.

In Chrome - Settings > Advanced settings > Content settings... > JavaScript enable.
    If you block JavaScript it stops the website completely with an icon on the right for Managing JavaScript.

You may have other stuff like Security Applications and Ad blockers installed. They can interfere. You know what you have done, we don't.
    I'll refrain from comment on Direfox Browsers, oh dear, must clean my keyboard.

Helmut, Feb 24, 2018
  9. Big2hd Win User
    Hi, Well the first 2 blocker add-ons I have on all my browsers is ublock and umatrix and that's it but even on my clean Opera it's still same result so I'll try again when I get home maybe I need to reinstall Chrome without signing in to chrome at all cause computer wise hate sound like broken record here lol I have nothing installed computer program wise cept browsers.

Big2hd, Feb 24, 2018
  10. I am also experiencing the same issue on chrome browser. I tried to watch video on another web browser on my local machine and it worked. I also tried to watch the same streams on another computer with chrome and it works fine. Seems something went wrong with my local machine.

Here is what I tried so far...
    disabled all extensions - no effect
    cleaned browser via ccleaner - no effect
    updated java and flash - no effect
    uninstalled reinstalled chrome - no effect
    Incognito mode - no effect

any ideas?

StPatronus, Feb 24, 2018
  11. more clues... on twitch, ad videos play just fine, but when its over and goes back to the stream, it goes to black

StPatronus, Feb 24, 2018
  12. I would be interested if you could sign out of chrome, reset browser and see if that changes behaviour.

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2018
  13. Big2hd Win User

Signed Out -> Ccleaned -> Reset to Default in Chrome Settings -> Same Results even in Incoginto Mode

Big2hd, Feb 24, 2018
  14. Possible solution, this worked for me. All video services working again.

Disable "Hardware acceleration"

click 3 dots > settings > scroll all the way down > click advanced settings > scroll all the way down > Disable "use hardware acceleration when available" > restart chrome (I did full system reboot)

StPatronus, Feb 24, 2018
  15. Big2hd Win User
    Nice working now! I swear I never messed around with this setting...must mean it's time for new rig at some point.

Big2hd, Feb 24, 2018
Thema:

1. No Video But audio on most internet videos - Similar Threads - Video audio internet

2. Most videos on Youtube are distorted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most videos on Youtube are distorted.: Most videos on Youtube are distorted on Microsoft edge and Chrome as well. Restarting the device did not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-videos-on-youtube-are-distorted/0fbed65a-767f-459d-80ee-a16d7e9cdbf5
  3. Audio and Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and Video: I have a question regarding playing and pausing a video. Whenever I leave the laptop, the video or audio that was playing pauses automatically because the camera or sensors sense that I'm not there and only plays again when I come back or press play. Is there a way to disable...
  4. Audio and Video

Audio and Video: I have a question regarding playing and pausing a video. Whenever I leave the laptop, the video or audio that was playing pauses automatically because the camera or sensors sense that I'm not there and only plays again when I come back or press play. Is there a way to disable...
  5. Audio Video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Video: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad S340. My audio and video player keep pausing and playing literally five times per second with every media players and online media platform. It is very frustrating. Windows and bios update doesn't work. I have tried everything uninstalling/updating...
  6. Random Video and Audio Stuttering. And internet trouble

Random Video and Audio Stuttering. And internet trouble: I don't exactly know the cause of this, because it just randomly started happening one day. But occasionally, there would be random video/audio stutters and glitches. It's sort of like the stutters you get before a BSOD happens, just without the BSOD. It can get annoying...
  7. Audio and video

Audio and video: Downloaded a video from my phone camera and only the audio is playing on the computer? Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-video/6e06f190-bd98-4071-b3db-3b0c7fb0d2f7
  8. Audio/Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Video: I am not able to hear audio from speakers in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audiovideo/75b500e5-6af3-477e-a488-a6e472e36ca1
  9. Video to audio

Video to audio: Can someone tell me how to save the audio from a video (mp4) And if i need a program for this, can they recommend one to use. Thanks
  10. Video and Audio

Video and Audio: Hi, I have been having an issue for the past week with my PC. When watching videos from the DSTV NOW app and even youtube, they pause after every 10 minutes for a few seconds and then back on. When this happening, the screen goes blank and there is no audio. What could be the...