Windows 10: No video editing functions in Photo Windows 10

Discus and support No video editing functions in Photo Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 and I think I should be able to create a video in Photos so I can merge a few existing mp4s into one video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZoeMoh, Nov 5, 2019.

1. ZoeMoh Win User

No video editing functions in Photo Windows 10

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 and I think I should be able to create a video in Photos so I can merge a few existing mp4s into one video - however, there appears to be no buttons to do this. What can I do?

Thanks, Zoe

:)

ZoeMoh, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Re-install Windows 10 Photo Edit app "Warm" Function

Hi,

To better understand your concern about the app in Windows 10, please answer the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Photos app?
    • Did you lose the function after updating the app?
    If you lost the function after an update was installed on your computer, you can try the steps on this

page
    to restore from a system restore point. Doing this will revert your computer's state to when you haven't updated the system.

We also suggest you provide a feedback or suggestion
    here
    for Microsoft to look into your opinion about our products.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Nov 5, 2019
  3. editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Movie Editor in the photos app keeps uploading a pink/purple video instead of the actual video

Hi Emma Epps,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is this issue occurring with all the video app, or with the particular video file?
    2. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the system?
    4. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to
      Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

It seems likely this pink artifacts on export issue is caused by display driver compatibility issues. However, I suggest you to follow the below method and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn off hardware-accelerated video encoding in Settings

1. Open photo app and select settings
    2. At the bottom you will find your app version number in the About this app section
    3. If you are running version 2018.180710.00 or greater
      there will also be a Video section with a toggle on this page
    4. You should try turning off this toggle, which will disable hardware-accelerated video encoding, then exporting your video.

I also suggest you to refer this Thread
    Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem
    , from Sarah S (Microsoft)
    Replied on July 14, 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. No video editing functions in Photo Windows 10 - Similar Threads - video editing functions

2. Edit in photos video editing not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit in photos video editing not working: This problem is oddly specific, as I can't find anyone else with the same problem.Im trying to cut some videos down with "Edit in photos" and when I try to save it to a new folder, it just sits on the loading screen. Nothing happens, I've tried everything and nothing seems to...
  3. Edit in photos video editing not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit in photos video editing not working: This problem is oddly specific, as I can't find anyone else with the same problem.Im trying to cut some videos down with "Edit in photos" and when I try to save it to a new folder, it just sits on the loading screen. Nothing happens, I've tried everything and nothing seems to...
  4. Edit in photos video editing not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Editing videos in Photos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Editing videos in Photos?: I usually use the Photos app on my laptop to split and remove pieces of videos. However, I just got a new laptop and I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the version of Photos on here. Has Photos updated recently? Was that feature removed? I see that I can trim but I...
  6. Edit photos and videos in Windows 10

Edit photos and videos in Windows 10: I need to edit a MP4 meeting/presentation video that was created by my webex meeting application. I need to add to a new mtg video a piece from another video at the end. Can I do that with the photo application. I've already trimmed the video that will supply the piece for...
  7. Editing a Video in Photos

Editing a Video in Photos: Hello, all! I used to be able to "trim" a video in Photos, but now I am unable to do so. It won't let me save it at all. I can exit out, but the "save as" button is not on and will not work. I used to do this all the time! I also tried to use Video Editor and uploaded...
  8. Windows 10 Photos no video editing option

Windows 10 Photos no video editing option: On my PC, in Photos, I see only one option "Create->Album". How do I get video editing features? I looked at few links but they talk about installing media feature pack for the N version. Mine is not a N version. How do I get video editing features? I am using Win10 Home...
  9. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  10. Creating /Editing video in Windows 10 Photos

Creating /Editing video in Windows 10 Photos: Each time I attempt to create a video I get no further than the storyboard before I am ejected from the app and returned to the Start Menu. Does any one have a solution?...