Windows 10: No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update

Discus and support No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, No idea if I'm posting my question in the right place, so my apologies if I'm not. Very frustrated right now. Turned on my desktop today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanKujawski, May 26, 2019.

1. No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update

Hi there,

No idea if I'm posting my question in the right place, so my apologies if I'm not. Very frustrated right now.

Turned on my desktop today (it's an HP Pavilion Magnesium p6774y running Windows 10), and it had to first finish a Windows update. The update got up to 100% pretty quickly before randomly freezing up. I gave it a while to see if it would start working again, but the spinning dots had completely frozen up, and it was clear to me it wasn't going to unfreeze. The only option I had was to force restart the computer with the power button, which I did.

Upon restarting the computer, I had no monitor and no lights on my keyboard. I let it sit for several minutes, and still nothing. I restarted it several times, unplugged and plugged it back in several times, one of those times removing and replacing in the CMOS battery, and still nothing.

I'm running an added-on graphics card on this machine because the on-board graphics failed a few months ago, so I tried switching the VGA cable to the on-board output just for the heck of it. Absolutely nothing. Still no display and no lights on my keyboard. Note that the computer and monitor were working perfect before this happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really needed to use this computer today.

Thanks.

:)

RyanKujawski, May 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 26, 2019
  3. video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, May 26, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 26, 2019
Thema:

No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update

1. No Video Output at all after Frozen Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Video Output Frozen

2. Windows Update has stopped video output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update has stopped video output: i saw there was a windows update pending on my windows 11 desktop, so I got update and reset. However when the computer reset there was no video signal. I have:1. Verified the HDMI cable works on another device, tried another monitor, tried a display port cable on another...
  3. Windows Update has stopped video output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has stopped video output: i saw there was a windows update pending on my windows 11 desktop, so I got update and reset. However when the computer reset there was no video signal. I have:1. Verified the HDMI cable works on another device, tried another monitor, tried a display port cable on another...
  4. No video output after booting into windows 10 after 2H22 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video output after booting into windows 10 after 2H22 update.: Ever since the November 22H2 update I can't login into windows 10. As soon as I hit enter to type the password the output from gpu goes off and my monitor displays " no output from computer, entering power saving mode ".I have an Nvidia GTX 750Ti. Its not a hardware fault...
  5. No video output after booting into windows 10 after 2H22 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No video output after booting into windows 10 after 2H22 update.: Ever since the November 22H2 update I can't login into windows 10. As soon as I hit enter to type the password the output from gpu goes off and my monitor displays " no output from computer, entering power saving mode ".I have an Nvidia GTX 750Ti. Its not a hardware fault...
  6. No video output after booting into windows 10 after 2H22 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 update frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update frozen: Hi, so recently I have had troubles updating, but then I found media creation tool and it was downloading just fine, but it has been frozen for an hour. I took a look at task manager and I expanded the update process and saw DISM host servicing is using all the disk, and not...
  8. Windows 10 frozen after update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 frozen after update today: Installed Windws 10 auto update today. Screen indicated installd 100 % but did not proceed. Now screen freezes and i cannot get beyond start screen. I have tried ctrl/ alt// del, esc, windows key, power off etc. What else should i try?...
  9. frozen windows 10 after update

frozen windows 10 after update: I selected the update message for windows 10 and now the computer will not start. I cannot get past the initial screen "Lenovo". Tried F8 on boot up and other suggestions on-line. Anyone else have this happen and do you have a solution? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 update frozen

Windows 10 update frozen: The latest windows 10 update started on my laptop at 6pm (GMT) yesterday and after leaving it all night it is now 3pm (GMT) 21 hours later and all i am getting is a blue screen saying “Preparing to configure Windows” and spinning dots. is there anyway I can abort the update...