Windows 10: No video playback with Windows 10?

Discus and support No video playback with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I can't play back videos after today. Be it the ZDF/ARD Mediathek, Facebook or my video in the files, nowhere to play it. With Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gmfragtnach, Aug 6, 2020.

1. No video playback with Windows 10?

Hello,

I can't play back videos after today. Be it the ZDF/ARD Mediathek, Facebook or my video in the files, nowhere to play it. With Firefox nothing works with Chrome already.

Thanks for your answer in advance!

:)

gmfragtnach, Aug 6, 2020

2. window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Playback video problems

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the videos on Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the playback videos?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below troubleshooters and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Follow the same to Windows Media Player Settings as well.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

No video playback with Windows 10?

All Video playback choppy

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.
    If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

No video playback with Windows 10?

1. No video playback with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - video playback

2. Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth: I have issues with video playback when I connect my computer to a bluetooth audio output device. This happens in all browsers and across all applications. The following happens when:Audio or video playback is currently ongoing, but no bluetooth device is connectedWith audio...
  3. Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth: I have issues with video playback when I connect my computer to a bluetooth audio output device. This happens in all browsers and across all applications. The following happens when:Audio or video playback is currently ongoing, but no bluetooth device is connectedWith audio...
  4. Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.: I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor and AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPUAll my drivers are up to date and this has been happening for a while now, over 6 months and it is really frustrating because I need to play full screen videos for work. I have 2 LG 1440p monitors with 1 144hz and...
  5. Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.

Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.: I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor and AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPUAll my drivers are up to date and this has been happening for a while now, over 6 months and it is really frustrating because I need to play full screen videos for work. I have 2 LG 1440p monitors with 1 144hz and...
  6. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  7. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  8. DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow

DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow: When I try to play video that's DRM-protected, one of my 3 monitors goes dark, the refresh rate drops to <5fps, and my mouse becomes near-impossibly slow to control. This happens with the Crunchyroll web player on Firefox/Edge and when I play podcasts on the Spotify desktop...
  9. DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRM-protected video playback is extremely slow: When I try to play video that's DRM-protected, one of my 3 monitors goes dark, the refresh rate drops to <5fps, and my mouse becomes near-impossibly slow to control. This happens with the Crunchyroll web player on Firefox/Edge and when I play podcasts on the Spotify desktop...
  10. Can you Snap a video-playback into a snapped window instead of fullscreen in Windows 11

Can you Snap a video-playback into a snapped window instead of fullscreen in Windows 11: In Windows 11, using the snap-assist feature. I have my 5Kx2K divided into three sections. When I play a video, I want to be able to expand the video to the snapped window size and not the full 5K Screen. When I Expand any video, it takes up the full 5K screen size instead of...