Windows 10: no video reel border on vertical mp4 in Windows 10

Discus and support no video reel border on vertical mp4 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new PC with Windows 10 and noticed that when looking at videos .MP4 in Windows Explorer that any video's that were taken vertically on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lpmeegan, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Lpmeegan Win User

no video reel border on vertical mp4 in Windows 10

I just bought a new PC with Windows 10 and noticed that when looking at videos .MP4 in Windows Explorer that any video's that were taken vertically on my device dont show the video reel around the icon of the video. But video's that were taken horizontally do show the video reel around the icon. I have attached a picture of what I am talking about. I just can't seem to find a way to have the video reel appear around video's that were taken vertically. This does not happen in Windows 7. Any idea how to make this happen?

no video reel border on vertical mp4 in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Lpmeegan, Jun 26, 2020

2. Video stretched vertically

What program did you use to convert the videos? Videos have a black border. Often times the converter removes the black border as a default. PC players like VLC know how to handle this. Some mobile players stretch the video to fill vertical direction.
    You can usually tell the converter to not crop the border. All my videos convert and play perfectly. I have several tools I can use, DVDFab, DVD Catalyst and MS Expression Encoder. I set them all up to not crop border and there is no stretching in vertical
    dimension. The videos with no cropped borders should play fine on the iPhone. I still not clear on why cropping the border is the usual default. The size difference on the video is almost nothing. There is no performance issue.

mogulman52, Jun 26, 2020
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. no video reel border on vertical mp4 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - video reel border

2. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  3. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  4. Video display is split vertically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video display is split vertically: so yeah, as the title says, my display is split vertically. this problem started showing up after i got another monitor for my prebuilt all in one pc because the main monitor had its lcd broken. so im using this as my main monitor. this problem happens whenever something uses...
  5. Video display is split vertically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video display is split vertically: so yeah, as the title says, my display is split vertically. this problem started showing up after i got another monitor for my prebuilt all in one pc because the main monitor had its lcd broken. so im using this as my main monitor. this problem happens whenever something uses...
  6. codec for mp4 video

codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  7. EDITING A MP4 VIDEO -IS POSSIBLE ON WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EDITING A MP4 VIDEO -IS POSSIBLE ON WINDOWS: Is it possible to edit a video recording on windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-a-mp4-video-is-possible-on-windows/f9b7b9bf-72c6-4e21-8292-e3b57d14427d
  8. Windows 10 Video (MP3/MP4) file not found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Video (MP3/MP4) file not found: I've run into this problem a couple of days ago, but now my computer wouldn't support any video files playing on my apps. I checked all of my videos to make sure they are fully downloaded, and there are several videos that I have played on my computer before. However, all...
  9. MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10: I have a lot of MP4 video files that I recorded on my iphone and have since uploaded to my computer either through my phone or through dropbox. However I can't get them to play, which means I can't use them in my video editor. After researching I've found that Windows 10...
  10. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee