Windows 10: No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances

Discus and support No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Suddenly my Windows machine has no signal for the monitor. I turn it on, the fans spin, the CD drive tests for a disc, and the physical drives spin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ttttttttom, May 4, 2021.

1. No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances

Suddenly my Windows machine has no signal for the monitor. I turn it on, the fans spin, the CD drive tests for a disc, and the physical drives spin, but at no point does the screen show anything at all. No BIOS, no Windows logo, no errors. Monitor shows its own "no signal" message throughout.Custom-built Windows 10 machine with EVGA GTX 1080 connected via HDMI to a large monitor. Mobo is ASRock Z97 Extreme4. Machine is ~7 years old, this configuration is 2 years old, but I haven't used the machine at all for the past ~month. No installs, no configuration changes, no updates, nothing.Things I h

:)

ttttttttom, May 4, 2021
  2. awd_ Win User

xbox 360 splitting video signal

Hello,

I just happened to come over your post.

Could you please tell us exactly where you don't get any signal? Both the screen and the computer (via capture device)?

Have you tried the following?
    • Make sure you get a signal to the screen when using an HDMI cable directly from the Xbox 360 to the screen. Please make sure all cables work.
    • Make sure you get a signal to the capture card with the same cables.
    If you get a signal on the screen but not on the computer, could you please try the following?
    • Set the Xbox 360 to output at 720p. The frame rate will (or should) be 59.94.
    • If possible, make sure you capture the video with the same settings on the computer.
    • Try any other settings if this does not work.
    If it still does not work, please try this in the same order:
    • Power off computer (and capture device) and Xbox 360.
    • Power on computer (and capture device) and wait until the capture device is properly powered on and initialized.
    • Power on the Xbox 360.
    • Make sure you can capture properly.
    If it still does not work, make sure that one or more of the following are not defective:
    • The HDMI-VGA/composite adapter.
    • The VGA cable.
    • The capture device (could be just the input connector).
    If that works, please install the HDMI splitter.

I am wondering a bit why you show us the wires inside the HDMI cable. Did you remove the isolation and/or do something with the wires?

I am not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Could you please tell me/us the model of your capture device, and also the adapter between the HDMI cable and capture device?

Regards,
    awd_

awd_, May 5, 2021
  3. wi-fi signal is weak

Hey Jonian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect network settings.
    • Network adapter is not working properly.
    I suggest you to try the steps listed here and check if it fixes the issue or else contact your ISP for weak signal.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps to fix network connection issue.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article which will help to fix common issues with network connection. Check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, May 5, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, May 5, 2021
Thema:

No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances

1. No video signal from Win 10 under any circumstances - Similar Threads - video signal under

2. Computer shuts down under weird circumstances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down under weird circumstances: My computer likes to shut down randomly when playing certain games, and under certain circumstances. It's shut down to Fortnite, Sea of thieves *only when being in a crew with someone else* and forza horizon 4. After reinstalling fortnite, the fortnite stops causing my...
  3. Computer shuts down under weird circumstances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down under weird circumstances: My computer likes to shut down randomly when playing certain games, and under certain circumstances. It's shut down to Fortnite, Sea of thieves *only when being in a crew with someone else* and forza horizon 4. After reinstalling fortnite, the fortnite stops causing my...
  4. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  5. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  6. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD; cannot boot Windows 10 under any circumstance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD; cannot boot Windows 10 under any circumstance: Hi,A friend asked for some help with their PC, a game of theirs wasn’t running. I must say I tried almost everything I could have come up with, but one thing: update Windows. They are running Windows 10 1607 64 bit.The game I am talking about here is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla...
  7. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD; cannot boot Windows 10 under any circumstance

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD; cannot boot Windows 10 under any circumstance: Hi,A friend asked for some help with their PC, a game of theirs wasn’t running. I must say I tried almost everything I could have come up with, but one thing: update Windows. They are running Windows 10 1607 64 bit.The game I am talking about here is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla...
  8. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD; cannot boot Windows 10 under any circumstance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Laptop will nor start up under any circumstance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop will nor start up under any circumstance: how do i download a file to reinstualled windows 10. My pc does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-nor-start-up-under-any-circumstance/d65566be-c21b-4f87-9043-5a0d029046cd
  10. BSODs under any circumstance and endless game crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs under any circumstance and endless game crashes: Hi, I've been having bsods and game crashes for about a year and a half now, and no other tech support forum has been able to help me. The bsods can happen at any time of day no matter what I'm doing, but they happen more frequently while I'm gaming. They just happen out...