Windows 10: No video signal

Discus and support No video signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Quick question. If someone is using a DVI monitor, will this disable the VGA port? I can't seem to get a video signal from a computer that I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by novicegeek, Jan 16, 2019.

1. No video signal

Quick question. If someone is using a DVI monitor, will this disable the VGA port? I can't seem to get a video signal from a computer that I'm troubleshooting.

Thank you.

novicegeek, Jan 16, 2019
  2. awd_ Win User

xbox 360 splitting video signal

Hello,

I just happened to come over your post.

Could you please tell us exactly where you don't get any signal? Both the screen and the computer (via capture device)?

Have you tried the following?
    • Make sure you get a signal to the screen when using an HDMI cable directly from the Xbox 360 to the screen. Please make sure all cables work.
    • Make sure you get a signal to the capture card with the same cables.
    If you get a signal on the screen but not on the computer, could you please try the following?
    • Set the Xbox 360 to output at 720p. The frame rate will (or should) be 59.94.
    • If possible, make sure you capture the video with the same settings on the computer.
    • Try any other settings if this does not work.
    If it still does not work, please try this in the same order:
    • Power off computer (and capture device) and Xbox 360.
    • Power on computer (and capture device) and wait until the capture device is properly powered on and initialized.
    • Power on the Xbox 360.
    • Make sure you can capture properly.
    If it still does not work, make sure that one or more of the following are not defective:
    • The HDMI-VGA/composite adapter.
    • The VGA cable.
    • The capture device (could be just the input connector).
    If that works, please install the HDMI splitter.

I am wondering a bit why you show us the wires inside the HDMI cable. Did you remove the isolation and/or do something with the wires?

I am not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Could you please tell me/us the model of your capture device, and also the adapter between the HDMI cable and capture device?

Regards,
    awd_

3. Junaid_A Win User
    INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

This happens if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the monitor. The video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that either the resolution
    or the vertical frequency is set high.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about
    No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save
    and check if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 16, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

No video signal

Calculating Video Bandwidth/Signal Frequency

Trying to clear up a number of things here.

I want to determine the exact meaning of the listed bandwidth of products like this (lists 400MHz bandwidth/2048x1536 @ 72Hz). Other products (example) list a "pixel frequency". Still elsewhere I've seen "pixel bandwidth" and "signal frequency".

So firstly, are the terms "pixel bandwidth", "pixel frequency", "signal bandwidth", and "signal frequency" interchangeable in the context of analog video signal transmission?

Intuitively, I thought video signal bandwidth would be simply pixels multiplied by refresh rate. This page, however, says the actual calculation is [(pixels * refresh rate)/2]3.

Thus, the signal frequency of 72Hz 2048 x 1536 video would be calculated as:

[(2048 * 1536 * 72)/2]3 = 340MHz

....which is closer to the listed 400MHz than the calculation I intuitively expected:

2048 * 1536 * 72 = 227MHz

....but still significantly off.

So secondly, where does the extra 1.5x factor (result/2*3 from this page again) come from?

Thirdly, why does it still not match the numbers provided for the first product I linked to? Is it just that 2048x1536 @ 72Hz is the highest "relatively standard" display configuration that doesn't exceed 400MHz? Or are they actually using a different calculation? Because the way I'm calculating it, 400MHz could handle 2048x1536 @ 84Hz.

I just want a solid understanding of video signal bandwidth as I frequently use custom resolutions and refresh rates, so want to fully understand what these products can handle.

Thema:

No video signal

1. No video signal - Similar Threads - video signal

2. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  3. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  4. No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.: Buillt a brand new PC.R7 7800X3DRX 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wifi1200 Watt Platinum PSU2TB Samsung 990 ProSome RGB and a 360MM AIO CPU coolerLarge EATX caseAll stock, no OC or tweaksWhen I install windows 11 and update everything through windows update, all...
  5. No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.

No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.: Buillt a brand new PC.R7 7800X3DRX 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wifi1200 Watt Platinum PSU2TB Samsung 990 ProSome RGB and a 360MM AIO CPU coolerLarge EATX caseAll stock, no OC or tweaksWhen I install windows 11 and update everything through windows update, all...
  6. "No Video Signal - Entering Power Saving Mode" upon Maximizing any Game from 720p to 1080p...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Video Signal - Entering Power Saving Mode" upon Maximizing any Game from 720p to 1080p...: Main Display goes into "No Video Signal - Entering Power Saving Mode" upon Maximizing any Game from 720p to 1080p Resolution at Full Screen.I have two displays of different resolutions 4K and 1366x768 and used to run games at 1080p or 720p without any issues. However, after a...
  7. "No Video Signal - Entering Power Saving Mode" upon Maximizing any Game from 720p to 1080p...

"No Video Signal - Entering Power Saving Mode" upon Maximizing any Game from 720p to 1080p...: Main Display goes into "No Video Signal - Entering Power Saving Mode" upon Maximizing any Game from 720p to 1080p Resolution at Full Screen.I have two displays of different resolutions 4K and 1366x768 and used to run games at 1080p or 720p without any issues. However, after a...
  8. Black screen Periodic loss of signal from the video card LiveKernelEvent 141

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen Periodic loss of signal from the video card LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello.Thank you for your attention to my problem.Briefly: my video card periodically stops working. Before taking it to the service, I want to make sure that it is really a hardware error, and I can make a refund.DXDiag:...
  9. Black screen Periodic loss of signal from the video card LiveKernelEvent 141

Black screen Periodic loss of signal from the video card LiveKernelEvent 141: Hello.Thank you for your attention to my problem.Briefly: my video card periodically stops working. Before taking it to the service, I want to make sure that it is really a hardware error, and I can make a refund.DXDiag:...
  10. Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11

Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11: So, i've recently reset my pc and then installed windows 11, first day everything was running perfectly apart from some lag when right clicking on an app, the second day same , everything runs perfectly except to a point where i see that i can't launch my file ecplorer and...