Windows 10: No video when audio jack in use

Discus and support No video when audio jack in use in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 setup. All video, Netflix, MP4 etc works fine until I plug headphones or speakers into the aux jack, and then none of them work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lkjkljkljkljkljkj, Nov 16, 2018.

1. No video when audio jack in use

I have a Windows 10 setup. All video, Netflix, MP4 etc works fine until I plug headphones or speakers into the aux jack, and then none of them work. Netflix reports fault, YouTube Sky hangs, MP4 players won't work.

Everything works fine with Bluetooth.

I have no idea what can be causing this.

:)

lkjkljkljkljkljkj, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Audio part of the video is not saving on Windows 10.

Hi Susie,

The issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Software used to create the video.
    • Step forgotten while creating the video.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which software are you using to create the video?
    • Did you skip the step to add audio while creating the video?

You may have skipped the step to add the audio while creating the video. Check if you have followed the steps to add audio while creating the video on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of saving the video on the desktop issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

No video when audio jack in use

Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

No video when audio jack in use

1. No video when audio jack in use - Similar Threads - video audio jack

2. audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  3. Windows 10 Buzzing through headphone jack when not using an audio/video app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Buzzing through headphone jack when not using an audio/video app: I have a Lenovo X13 Yoga with Windows 10 and Realtek audio. When I plug something into the headphone jack headphones or audio cable I get a humming or buzzing sound. As soon as I play some audio, the humming stops, even if I pause the audio. However, after about 15 seconds, I...
  4. Windows 10 Buzzing through headphone jack when not using an audio/video app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Buzzing through headphone jack when not using an audio/video app: I have a Lenovo X13 Yoga with Windows 10 and Realtek audio. When I plug something into the headphone jack headphones or audio cable I get a humming or buzzing sound. As soon as I play some audio, the humming stops, even if I pause the audio. However, after about 15 seconds, I...
  5. Windows 10 Buzzing through headphone jack when not using an audio/video app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.: Hi everyone, new member here, so I'm not too sure if this has been posted and/or resolved yet, but here goes: For some time now, I've been using USB-C headphones that came with my Samsung phone last year, but I recently switched back to using the 3.5mm because of a new pair...
  7. Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.: Hi everyone, new member here, so I'm not too sure if this has been posted and/or resolved yet, but here goes: For some time now, I've been using USB-C headphones that came with my Samsung phone last year, but I recently switched back to using the 3.5mm because of a new pair...
  8. No bass when using rear audio jack

No bass when using rear audio jack: My front jack is damaged and I was using the rear jack while I can't fix the front one But I noticed the lack of bass when using the read jack. What's the matter with this? I'm using realtek HDA drivers version 9071.1 but other versions have the same result Motherboard ASUS...
  9. AUDIO JACK

AUDIO JACK: Whenever i plug in my headphones into my laptop i get a pop up message saying a headset has been detected but when i play any audio it plays on speaker and not in my headphones. What should be the problem?...
  10. AUDIO JACK

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO JACK: WHEN I PLUG IN A HEADSET, THE POPUP CHOOSE AUDIO DEVICE IS NOT COMING AND IN MY PC THERE IS NO REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER. SO, PLEASE TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO I AM IN A VERY BIG PROBLEM...