Windows 10: no videos can be seen only sound everytime i go to sites which have their own media players

Discus and support no videos can be seen only sound everytime i go to sites which have their own media players in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to follow some faqs which tells you to go into settings and try to activate flash players,java scripts even extentions but to no fixes is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hanzio54, Jun 20, 2019.

1. hanzio54 Win User

no videos can be seen only sound everytime i go to sites which have their own media players

I have tried to follow some faqs which tells you to go into settings and try to activate flash players,java scripts even extentions but to no fixes is there something that I missed I mean its really bothering me the best solution I found was to download what I want to watch then play it on WMP or VLC but its like try before you buy kind of situation but in this case trying before buying costs me a truckload of data and storage can someone give a suggestion please.

:)

hanzio54, Jun 20, 2019

2. Issues while playing videos through Windows media player. Only getting sound track while playing videos.

Hi Tim,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in sound settings or audio driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message playing the videos? Is the same issue occurring while playing Mp3 music?
    • Is the issue specific while playing a particular video file extension?
    • is the issue occurring only in Windows Media Player? Have you checked the issue with other video player?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run Windows Media Player Library
    and Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the Screen.

4. Click on Windows Media Player Library
    and Windows Media Player Settings.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Issues with sound on Media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having audio related issues with the media files.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the issue is specific to media player. Are you able to play music files from other players?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Also run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Windows Media Player Settings.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

no videos can be seen only sound everytime i go to sites which have their own media players

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. no videos can be seen only sound everytime i go to sites which have their own media players - Similar Threads - videos sound everytime

2. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  3. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  4. Windows 11 only sound in media player

Windows 11 only sound in media player: Hello,So I have changed no settings but all of the sudden I get no sound on chrome/edge/vlc even when I go to settings and I test audio i get no sound.Some windows programs however do give me sound I tried by playing a downloaded video.I have tried troubleshooting, I have...
  5. Windows 11 only sound in media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 only sound in media player: Hello,So I have changed no settings but all of the sudden I get no sound on chrome/edge/vlc even when I go to settings and I test audio i get no sound.Some windows programs however do give me sound I tried by playing a downloaded video.I have tried troubleshooting, I have...
  6. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  7. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  8. video in Windows Media Player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    video in Windows Media Player: I have shot a video on my camera in portrait orientation. Can I now rotate it into landscape within Windows Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-in-windows-media-player/a9deb9da-f86c-403e-8bd5-98011065a2f8
  9. All sound/video players play on their own after pausing

in Windows 10 Customization
    All sound/video players play on their own after pausing: This started a while ago and windows keeps updating with the same issue persisting. Basically, if I pause any video or any audio from any player whether it be online or offline, it stays paused for a bit (about 2 minutes) then the volume panel flashes and it starts again on...
  10. Windows 10: Windows Media Player, no video only sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Windows Media Player, no video only sound.: Running on Lenovo Yoga 500. Windows Media Player will not play video but play sound (audio) only. Same issue with Windows Movie Maker, no video only sound. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 40832