Windows 10: No volume found

Discus and support No volume found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I recently installed the latest win10 update, perhaps night before last. Then when I tried to open it up, everything froze and crashed (no BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Konokaiden, Aug 5, 2021.

1. No volume found

So, I recently installed the latest win10 update, perhaps night before last. Then when I tried to open it up, everything froze and crashed (no BSOD though). Tried to boot it back up, and it gave me the error 0xc00000f, which has to do with the boot BCD being missing or corrupted. It specifically said it was BCD. Got an installation of the newest win10 on a usb, the automatic repair did nothing. Command prompt was semi-useful. Stuff like fixmbr completed successfully, but parts related to bcd gave either "access denied" or "windows installations found: 0". Ran diskpart and got two disks, corresponding to my usb and C drives. But only the USB has a volume on it. I need help on what to do so that I can reboot this thing and get my stuff back. I don't want to wipe the disk, but I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with it except it won't boot properly.

:)

Konokaiden, Aug 5, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

No volume found

Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

No volume found

1. No volume found - Similar Threads - volume found

2. task bar volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    task bar volume icon not working: task bar volume icon not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-volume-icon-not-working/cc56ba2e-ba43-406b-95e5-acb9fc4b6ab6
  3. C drive storage extend volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage extend volume: I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option available to extend the memory. Kindly advise me....
  4. Individual application automatically maximises master volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Individual application automatically maximises master volume: For the past couple of months I have been experiencing problems with my master volume. Whenever I use discord it always changes my master volume to 100 but when I switch tabs to any other application it returns to the volume I set before going on discord. I have seen a...
  5. Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?: Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? I have 2 Windows 10 on 1 volume and asking if it’s alright to do that....
  6. Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device: I have a Lenovo laptop and an acer keyboard that I hook up to it. The keyboard has a volume wheel, and whenever I adjust the wheel it mutes my input audio device. The device is called "internal microphone conexant 20751 SmartAudio HD. There's no display that shows me this, I...
  7. Windows 10 on Volume 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Volume 3: Hello and good day. I was having my laptop formatted when it suddenly turned itself off resulting to windows not being properly installed. So what I did is I tried again but afterwards it was asking me then what windows to load. All of the options available is only 'Windows...
  8. No volume found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No volume found: So, I recently installed the latest win10 update, perhaps night before last. Then when I tried to open it up, everything froze and crashed (no BSOD though). Tried to boot it back up, and it gave me the error 0xc00000f, which has to do with the boot BCD being missing or...
  9. No volumes in List volume and Drives such as C cannot be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No volumes in List volume and Drives such as C cannot be found: This problem started two Days ago I got an error with BSOD memory management and since then I cannot go log into my windows and is stuck on recovery I tried system restore and system Image recovery but it wasn't working as some errors like select operating systems etc I tried...
  10. A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management: Volume Z is not recognized in Explorer. It was recognized normally in the recent past, but not any more. Y and Z are volumes in a Western Digital 1TB drive. If you look at the included Snips you can see the issue. Thanks, Terry[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...