Windows 10: No warning/error message but can not copy paste

Discus and support No warning/error message but can not copy paste in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an interesting issue. I bought new Asus notebook and it has windows 10 installed in it. Within computer I can copy and paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aybshh, Jan 1, 2019.

1. aybshh Win User

No warning/error message but can not copy paste

Hello everyone,

I have an interesting issue. I bought new Asus notebook and it has windows 10 installed in it. Within computer I can copy and paste files to other files. However, when I wanted to take files from usb drive to my computer by "copy-paste (all commands)" or "send to" it just does not do that. Its like it never copied it so can not paste it. However this is not the case. When I copy something within the computer and can paste it everywhere, I copied something from usb drive. So, with this way, I checked if it really copies or it just does not copy at all that is why it can not paste. When I copied, my old copied file did not also pasted. So, briefly, my pc copies files from usb drive however does not paste it or send it to computer files. I have no warning or error messages. It just does not paste. I have no idea what to do. I did a quick scan in internet however could not find any problem like this. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Aybshh

:)

aybshh, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jan 1, 2019
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

copy & paste issue

Hello Charlie,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before the issue occur?
    • Do you get any error code or messages?
    • Does the issue also occur in WordPad or Notepad? We suggest you to do this step to isolate the issue.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. No warning/error message but can not copy paste - Similar Threads - warning error message

2. paste the error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paste the error message: phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-the-error-message/78cc2f42-50c8-4061-9cc3-5d95c6a30bb7
  3. paste the error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    paste the error message: phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-the-error-message/78cc2f42-50c8-4061-9cc3-5d95c6a30bb7
  4. paste the error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paste the error message: i need network helb yuor need in the work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-the-error-message/aa9e990e-b302-49d1-8d10-dfb49237653f
  5. paste the error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    paste the error message: i need network helb yuor need in the work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-the-error-message/aa9e990e-b302-49d1-8d10-dfb49237653f
  6. copy and paste error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste error: This is an odd one and doesn't fit into any forum:A friend copied a link I sent her for members to click to view a newsletter on Google Drive. No typing was involved just straight copy and paste. It was a task that has been done many times in the past.The link I sent was...
  7. Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message: I just installed Windows 10 64 bit 1803 on a new desktop. Now one month down the road all of a sudden intermittently when I copy and paste text the result would become only...
  8. Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste

Crash dump error message on Copy and Paste: Lets say I am trying to copy and paste the word "Hello", I hit Control+C then Control+V and instead of "Hello" being printed where my cursor is, this message gets spit out:...
  9. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...