Windows 10: No way to add "homegroup" as Ethernet network

Discus and support No way to add "homegroup" as Ethernet network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just installed Win10 update. My computer can no longer join Ethernet: homegroup (Internet is only option) I There os NO "Choose homegroup and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DickB19, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DickB19 Win User

No way to add "homegroup" as Ethernet network

Just installed Win10 update. My computer can no longer join Ethernet: homegroup (Internet is only option) I There os NO "Choose homegroup and sharing" option on Network and Internet page.?!?!

:)

DickB19, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

One-Way Homegroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter.

• Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 27, 2018
  3. HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jul 27, 2018
  4. No way to add "homegroup" as Ethernet network

create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

No way to add "homegroup" as Ethernet network

1. No way to add "homegroup" as Ethernet network - Similar Threads - add homegroup Ethernet

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. networking 2 computers by way of ethernet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networking 2 computers by way of ethernet?: Hi, Here is my setup: I have a desktop running windows 10 pro and it is connected to my ISP's modem/router with an ethernet cable. I call it a modem/router because this modem has 2 ethernet ports to plug into. It is made by Technicolor and is called the "Panoramic" and...
  5. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  6. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  7. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  8. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  9. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  10. cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password: I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop. The new PC will not recognize the original homegroup pw originally set up from my laptop. Is there a way of deleting the old homegroup and setting up a new one from...