Windows 10: No way to adjust brightness No option in display, via the sidebar, etc

Discus and support No way to adjust brightness No option in display, via the sidebar, etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [Please read the items in bold before responding] So, I've been trying to adjust my brightness but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it. 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlueNexus, Feb 3, 2020.

1. BlueNexus Win User

No way to adjust brightness No option in display, via the sidebar, etc

[Please read the items in bold before responding]

So, I've been trying to adjust my brightness but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it.

1. The option in Settings -> Display is missing

2. The button in the side thingy is missing

3. Updating drivers has not fixed this or made any options available.

https://i.imgur.com/6oda7LG.png

https://i.imgur.com/Gx7nGjh.png

:)

BlueNexus, Feb 3, 2020

2. No way to adjust monitor brightness because there is no slider in power options

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps in adjusting the screen brightness.

• Click Cortana search at the taskbar.
    • Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts. Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness decreases.
      This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next
      button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Can't adjust Display brightness

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated display and keyboard drivers.

Please refer to the article, created by Akheel Ahmed replied on October 28, 2015, to fix your issue with Display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10.

Brightness Adjustment

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

I suggest you to update the keypad drivers from the manufacturer's support website and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Hi, volumouse (free) offers brightness control with the scroll wheel + 1 key. Steps are configurable:

No way to adjust brightness No option in display, via the sidebar, etc [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. No way to adjust brightness No option in display, via the sidebar, etc - Similar Threads - adjust brightness option

2. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  3. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  4. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness: Why would my computer no longer have an option to Sleep? Or to adjust screen brightness? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-adjusting-screen-brightness/d616fd76-8bc3-4c82-bd30-e9671b4b6743
  6. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  7. Adjust Brightness option is missing

Adjust Brightness option is missing: Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power options and Windows Mobility Center. Driver for Display Adapter is already installed and working. Where do i find that option...
  8. Brightness - no adjustment options?

Brightness - no adjustment options?: Hi - I would like to adjust the brightness. The two methods I use on other computers are the keyboard or through the Control Panel/Display. The keyboard method does not work. The Control Panel method shows no adjustment option? I tried updating the Display Driver and it...
  9. Display and Brightness Options!

Display and Brightness Options!: Hey Microsoft! I'm not really much of an entrepreneur, and I don't really know if this fit's into the whole "question" category, but I've got a few pointers for you! Actually just one! While I'm fond of the power of 2019's inferno bright computer screens burning the...
  10. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505