Windows 10: No way to change Gamertags

Discus and support No way to change Gamertags in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, First time for me here. I don't have Xbox, but with my Windows10 I see that I have an account linked to my microsoft account. This account seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicolasBeezy, May 20, 2020.

1. No way to change Gamertags

Hi,
    First time for me here. I don't have Xbox, but with my Windows10 I see that I have an account linked to my microsoft account. This account seems to have a random name I've never setted anything for that. I try to change this gamertag but nothing work I still have the error message : "Ce gamertag n'est pas autorisé. Essayez-en un autre." this gamertag is not allowed, try something else

I don't understand what I did wrong :/

:)

NicolasBeezy, May 20, 2020

2. Xbox gamertag change

I already used the free Gamertag and now I wanna change it again I did all the steps but it still won't let me change the Gamertag. and I my Gamertag now is OMGItsMeh99 but now I wanna change it to XamiGamerGirl

javiercruz2, May 20, 2020
  3. Changing Gamertag

Hi Adrian,

I suggest you to post your query in Xbox forums and check with them.

Xbox Support

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 20, 2020
  4. Kevin J S Win User

No way to change Gamertags

How to change gamertag?

Julius Michael C. Honrada -

Thank you for posting.

If you have a system-generated GamerTag you should be able to change that through the website as long as it's within 30 days of when the GamerTag was created. After that, as far as I know the only way to change it is through an Xbox console. If you're
    in a region that doesn't have Xbox Live, then some functionality would be missing from the site. Once you change it through the website though, all you should need to do is sync the account on your phone.

If instead you mean that you already have a GamerTag, different from what you see on the phone, then that means that GamerTag is attached to a different Microsoft Account email than the one you set up the phone with. In this case, the only way to change
    the GamerTag is to reset the phone and set it up with the other email instead.

As far as feedback regarding how phone updates can be installed, you can drop by our suggestion forum and have your voice heard there:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

Regards,

Kevin J S, May 20, 2020
Thema:

No way to change Gamertags

1. No way to change Gamertags - Similar Threads - change Gamertags

2. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  3. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  6. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  7. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  8. Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?: i tried logging into my my microsoft account to play minecraft and it kept bringing up a screen to choose a gamertag, my old one was NOT explicit?? it was sugarlily. not only that but i lost all of my stuff in a minecraft realm....
  9. Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?

Why was I forced to change my gamertag and why was all of my progress reset?: i tried logging into my my microsoft account to play minecraft and it kept bringing up a screen to choose a gamertag, my old one was NOT explicit?? it was sugarlily. not only that but i lost all of my stuff in a minecraft realm....
  10. Unable to change gamertag in Minecraft for Windows 10 Beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change gamertag in Minecraft for Windows 10 Beta: I followed the instruction and successfully changed my gamertag in the Xbox site, but when I start Minecraft for Windows 10, the old, pre-assigned gamertag remains. I restarted Minecraft several times, and even restarted Windows 10. I logged out of the Xbox account and...