Windows 10: No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Discus and support No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some unknown reason, the Synaptics touchpad control panel is not available anymore. I desperately need it to be able to perform one-finger scroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eric 1708, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Eric 1708 Win User

No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

For some unknown reason, the Synaptics touchpad control panel is not available anymore. I desperately need it to be able to perform one-finger scroll on my computer.

Apparently, a way to solve this is to install an app from the Microsoft Store called Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel. However, doing that always produces an error code 0x803FB005, and apparently a lot of people on the net are complaining about this.

Can someone help me to solve this? Alternatively, can someone tell me how to collect back this apps without passing through the Microsoft Store I doubt this is not feasible? Also, if anyone can provide a way to install a one-finger scrolling feature on a Synaptics touchpad device, that would also be very useful.

Thanks for any help on this and cheers,

Eric

:)

Eric 1708, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘0x803FB005’ when trying to install Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel from Microsoft Store. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you able to install any other application from Microsoft Store?
    • Do you have any third party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Try resetting Microsoft Store cache and see if that helps.

1. Press the Windows logo Key + R to open the
      Run dialog box
    2. Type wsreset.exe, and then select OK

Note: A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Method 2:

Try re-registering Store using PowerShell command.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit
      Enter
      to re-register Start Menu: Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 3:

Create a new user account and check if the Store app is working fine. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Also, if you are using a security software, I would suggest you to try disabling the anti-virus program temporarily.

Note: If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

Alternatively, you can also try rolling back the Touchpad driver and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    3. Right click on Synaptics Touchpad
      driver and select Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on
      Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903

When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad.

Then came the feature update to 1903 accepted by me followed by a windows update of the synaptics driver. This resulted in the synaptics control panel software being deleted from control panel as well
    as the additional tab on the mouse applet

How can i get the touchpad control panel active again?

I was recommended to download a synaptics app from Microsoft store but i get an error downloading (only this) app

I have no problem with the driver and even the various default gestures function but I cannot access the touchpad control panel to make changes for my convenience

Thank you for any help on this issue

Mr. Keskar, Jun 11, 2020
  4. ehvh Win User

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Before the driver update of the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver to version 19.5.35.47, it used to be possible to adjust scrolling settings etc. through a ClickPad Settings tab (see image).

No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store ee873087-7d45-4582-a5d6-e8a9504237b6?upload=true.jpg

Since the update, Windows is endlessly trying to install an app from the Microsoft Store called Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel.

Upon installation, however, this gives an errorcode 0x803FB005, which seems to be a widespread problem.

No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store e197c34a-b339-42fd-ab7f-233105ff6d67?upload=true.jpg

The driver update made functions as chiral scrolling impossible, which is a huge setback in the user-friendliness of the touchpad.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to find a way to work around it?

Thema:

1. No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - instal Synaptics Touchpad

2. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver: I followed someone's instruction at this platform to "clear" RAM, which surprisingly worked. But I found out that Synaptic Touchpad driver got deleted from my system.I wanted to download and install Synaptic touchpad driver for my system, but I was unable to do that from HP...
  3. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver: I followed someone's instruction at this platform to "clear" RAM, which surprisingly worked. But I found out that Synaptic Touchpad driver got deleted from my system.I wanted to download and install Synaptic touchpad driver for my system, but I was unable to do that from HP...
  4. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10: This had happened to some of the users including me after any windows update but no worries, I have a solution for this which will definitely work: Firstly, download the Synaptics driver SP93153 from the link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93153.exe Step...
  6. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.: I keep getting the error : Change where you install apps This app must install to your system drive, but that's not the default. Go to Storage > Change where new content is saved, select your system drive, and retry your install. Windows is installed on my C drive along...
  7. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. everytime i try to download this ******* control panel app from the...
  8. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. A link in it takes me to the Microsoft Store, a page called NVIDIA Control Panel. There's a link 'Get'. When I click this link in...
  9. Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store: Before the driver update of the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver to version 19.5.35.47, it used to be possible to adjust scrolling settings etc. through a ClickPad Settings tab see image. [ATTACH] Since the update, Windows is endlessly trying to install an app from the...
  10. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?: Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903 When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad. Then came...