Windows 10: No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903

Discus and support No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, thank you for being here. At this point I just cannot work with my new PC, because of this keyboard is unavailable. I spend hours daily to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by charlotte17, Dec 27, 2019.

1. No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903

Hi, thank you for being here.

At this point I just cannot work with my new PC, because of this keyboard is unavailable. I spend hours daily to type for my work.

Previously in window 10, it uses to be many options: Canadian Multilingual CMS, French Canada FRA (both are the same) and "Canada French" CAFR , wich is very different, and which I am looking for.

In the new 1903 interface, all languages are alphabetically listed by language and country... My idea is that doing so Microsoft changed "Canada French" for "French Canada" and doing so get a second"French Canada", thought it was the same, and discarded the good one. Doing so, the two left to choose from are alike.

By the way,this is the "standard" keyboard here, since old IBM typewritter times...

I looked everywhere on the net: they are many how-to or guide for that, but all these solutions are for previous version of Windows 10 which don't apply with the new interface and options.

Is is a way I may download this keyboard and add it to the list ? To buy it from somewhere or else?
    Or to copy it from another Windows 10 PC and add it myself (but how? )

I do really do need it.
    Thank you.

Note
    In CAFR keyboard he accents and special symbols commonly used are differently placed, and all easily available. This is a different layout than Canadian Multilingual French CMS or French Canada (legacy) FRA layout (who are similar).
    By the way, here it is the original standard keyboard here since IBM typewriter old times... Sure not the one to be discarded. Here is a pic from wikipedia .
    No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903 [​IMG]

:)

charlotte17, Dec 27, 2019

2. How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language.

OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074.

I have my keyboard layout as FRA CMS.

Sometimes (well often actually) Windows switches keyboard layout to FRA CAFR.

I do NOT have FRA CAFR installed in my control panel (Advanced Keyboard Settings). Just French CMS and English CMS.

How do I get rid of that damn CAFR keyboard layout ?????

Merci

MarathonMax, Dec 27, 2019
  3. kensiko Win User
    Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

kensiko, Dec 27, 2019
  4. No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903

Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

Hi Yetong,

In order for me to address your concern, I would like to know the following:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10?
      • You can have this checked by pressing the Windows button + R on your keyboard to open the Run box, then type winver and press Enter.
    • Just to clarify, are you trying to perform the following:

In the meantime, I suggest for you to try removing other languages under
    French (Canada)
    and also adding a keyboard layout on the language itself. This way we'd be able to isolate the issue further. By doing this, this would ensure that the system langauge would be the language of your choice and the keyboard layout based
    on the language of your choice. Be advised to ensure that you choose the
    QWERTY
    format available for your language of your choice, or a keyboard format (e.g. QWERTY, AZERT, etc.) of the language of your choice.

I'll be waiting for your response to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903

1. No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - install French Canada

2. How to remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard when adding a French Canada...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard when adding a French Canada...: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 that is supplied by the school. Without the French Canada language pack, it only gives me two keyboards, a US keyboard and a Canadian French keyboard. But, when I add the French Canada language, it adds a third keyboard, which is Canadian...
  3. I cant put the language Canada French into Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant put the language Canada French into Word.: I did go into file and after option and language and it just says :Install available and went me into Install the French Canada Language Pack for 64-bit Office - Microsoft Support and there no download button...
  4. I cant put the language Canada French into Word.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant put the language Canada French into Word.: I did go into file and after option and language and it just says :Install available and went me into Install the French Canada Language Pack for 64-bit Office - Microsoft Support and there no download button...
  5. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  6. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  7. Canada French Keyboard CAFR no more in new Windows 10 1903

Canada French Keyboard CAFR no more in new Windows 10 1903: I just got a new PC with preinstalled Windows 10 1903 I use the regular French Canada CAFR keyboard, like most people in Québec and Eastern Canada Is is listed in my other Windows 10 PC as CAFR. The accents and special symbols are differently placed, and all easily...
  8. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  9. How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

How to remove French CAFR keyboard config: I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language. OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074. I have my keyboard layout as FRA CMS. Sometimes (well often actually) Windows switches keyboard layout to FRA CAFR. I do NOT have FRA CAFR...
  10. Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French): I have to switch between multiple keyboard languages on a daily basis with Windows+Space, but the keyboard languages are all over the place, making switching between languages extremely annoying. I have a keyboard with US layout. These happen on both my desktop and my laptop....