Windows 10: No way to login at boot (sometimes)

Discus and support No way to login at boot (sometimes) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings, The Wifey has an issue that comes and goes. It's such an almost NOT issue that I haven't bothered to mention it in these parts. It only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by The Pool Man, Mar 27, 2020.

1. No way to login at boot (sometimes)

Greetings,

The Wifey has an issue that comes and goes. It's such an almost NOT issue that I haven't bothered to mention it in these parts. It only happens sometimes, and as y'all know it never happens when I try it. lol

Basically she boots her Asus laptop and the screen that's supposed to show the time and date and login in background wallpaper fails. Only the wallpaper arrives, nothing else. Hit any key and nothing happens. She resorts to CTRL ALT DEL and that 'frees' it and she can login. It's a decent workaround, of course, but does anyone know this issue?

The net (annoyingly) suggests a refresh re-install in place thing. But little else. SFC's come back fine. Should I be trying a DISM anyway? Even if SFC is reporting nothing?

Any steak tips? TIA

No way to login at boot (sometimes) [​IMG]

:)

The Pool Man, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2020
  3. No way to login at boot (sometimes)

Greetings,

The Wifey has an issue that comes and goes. It's such an almost NOT issue that I haven't bothered to mention it in these parts. It only happens sometimes, and as y'all know it never happens when I try it. lol

Basically she boots her Asus laptop and the screen that's supposed to show the time and date and login in background wallpaper fails. Only the wallpaper arrives, nothing else. Hit any key and nothing happens. She resorts to CTRL ALT DEL and that 'frees' it and she can login. It's a decent workaround, of course, but does anyone know this issue?

The net (annoyingly) suggests a refresh re-install in place thing. But little else. SFC's come back fine. Should I be trying a DISM anyway? Even if SFC is reporting nothing?

Any steak tips? TIA

No way to login at boot (sometimes) [​IMG]

The Pool Man, Mar 27, 2020
  4. No way to login at boot (sometimes)

Resolving login issues

If your device doesn't run in safe mode, the next step that we suggest is to run a repair using a boot media. Here are the steps:

• Restart your device.
    • Upon start up, keep on pressing F12 to check if your device respond to BIOS.
    • Once you've accessed the BIOS setup screen, follow the step-by-step guide on Yashwanth Kotakuri's

on how to repair start up using a boot media for Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance with the repair.

Darwin Dim, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

No way to login at boot (sometimes)

1. No way to login at boot (sometimes) - Similar Threads - login boot sometimes

2. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  3. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  4. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.: Used MediaCreationTool2004 on a Verbatim 8gb USB. Someone asked me to fix a laptop which has problems booting. At first, when turned on it gave me the 0x0000185 error. I tried booting from the EFI file which booted the system properly. So I went on and copied user's...
  6. No way to login at boot (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    No way to login at boot (sometimes): Greetings, The Wifey has an issue that comes and goes. It's such an almost NOT issue that I haven't bothered to mention it in these parts. It only happens sometimes, and as y'all know it never happens when I try it. lol Basically she boots her Asus laptop and the screen...
  7. Ways of login to Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ways of login to Win10: Hi. Can you advice about installing Win10 in my small company? I have 4 computers. Each with new clean sdd and I bought Windowses 10 Pro. After installation I will have to choose type of login account. My questions: 1. Is it better to create one single MS account (one for...
  8. Ways of login to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ways of login to Win10: Hi. Can you advice about installing Win10 in my small company? I have 4 computers. Each with new clean sdd and I bought Windowses 10 Pro. After installation I will have to choose type of login account. My questions: 1. Is it better to create one single MS account (one for...
  9. Windows 10 boot sometimes stops Half way no error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot sometimes stops Half way no error codes: i am sometimes having problems when windows boots..it only boots part way then the circle of dots freezes and boot halts with no error code..i have tried ms config normal boot and my C: Drive has no bad clusters i have done SFC /scannow chkdsk /f /r and there are no bad...
  10. login screen not showing. No way to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    login screen not showing. No way to login: My computer kept freezing. I wanted to know if it was a program causing it. I went to run --> msconfig and disable all the start up programs. I thought wiindows would be smart enough to disable only the unessential programs. When windows restarts its start like normal,...