Windows 10: No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV

Discus and support No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, this is my first post so be patient with me and thank you in advance. Now the problem is as follows: I set the Nvidia software to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Lufel, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Lufel Win User

No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV

Hello, this is my first post so be patient with me and thank you in advance.
    Now the problem is as follows: I set the Nvidia software to display Windows on my smart
    Panasonic TV and it did for a couple of days until, apparently, for no reason at all, it stopped
    doing it and the TV screen became black.
    The problem is that I do not see the Win desktop as, when I set the display properties,
    i did not enable the "display it on the monitor too" option. A big mistake! I'm using an Nvidia GTX 680
    an a HDMI cable. Originally I hook it to my Yamaha AV receiver, then I tried connecting it
    directly to the TV HDMI port, finally I took the cable off but no way to make the PC desktop appear
    on the TV or the monitor. I also tried booting in safe mode and I can see the win desktop on my
    monitor but there's no way to set it back to display on it as the Nvidia software, being on safe mode,
    lacks some options.
    I hope someone can help.

:)

Lufel, Apr 17, 2017
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NO WAY TO SEE DESKTOP OR RECYCLE BIN

Hi Randi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand you concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Please answer these question to assist you further.

1. Does your desktop screen appear blank?

2. Please clarify “I also have no way of accessing my recycle bin” “I have to access my recycle bin”?

3. Which troubleshooting steps you are referring to?

You may want to disable the tablet mode to check if that helps.

Click on Start > Go to Setting

Select System > Tap or click on Tablet Mode and turn off.

You may sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the admin account to check if that helps.

If the issue persists then you can go with a full pc virus scan to ensure that the pc is free from virus.

Anti Virus Disclaimer
    : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If you wish to Roll back to Previous operating system follow the link below.

Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 17, 2017
  3. NO WAY TO SEE DESKTOP OR RECYCLE BIN

I can only see my home screen. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 (which is one of the worst inventions EVER) I can no longer access my desktop. There is simply no way to see it. I also have no way of accessing my recycle bin. There are many "answers"
    to this on this website but NONE OF THEM WORK. It will not fix itself, I cannot access as "admin", it is checked on personalization/display, etc. I have to access my recycle bin because an entire folder somehow got deleted without me even pushing delete. I
    am not sure what happened. I have had so many problems since I upgraded to Windows 10 that I use my computer as little as possible now, which is ridiculous because it is only a year old. So, if none of these things are working are there any other options?
    If not, my final question is HOW DO I UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10?!

RandiSchneider, Apr 17, 2017
  4. No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV

Hi Lufel. Welcome to the TenForums @Lufel

When you boot, normal, what happens if you press the Windows key + P. (You may have to fudge sign in, click once, type password blind, press enter, wait 20 seconds)

Since you can get to safe mode, and assuming you know which Nvidia driver you are using, I guess you could always uninstall driver and reboot. You will then have to deal with the driver Windows installs and get back to your right driver.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Lufel Win User
    Hello, I'm sorry I didn't answer before but I'd been trying to solve the problem above. I did follow your advice and
    tried the first solution with no luck. So I got to my desktop and uninstall all video drivers and reinstalled them. It didn't
    want to install them normally as the screen started to go black after a few minutes so I did it in safe mode. Now, when it boots, it arrives to the Windows logo and circling dots and wam! The screen goes dark and in sleep mode. This does not happen in safe mode. Can you Ken or somebody else help me with this?

Lufel, Apr 20, 2017
  6. If you can get to safe mode, then uninstall the drivers.

You can use this tool to ensure it is complete.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...installer.html

Head to the provider of your drivers and find an older driver. Say three months.

Install it and test.

Caledon Ken, Apr 21, 2017
  7. makisxxx Win User
    I have an issue with creator's update+17.4.2 and 17.4.3 ati drivers.for some reason games cant find acceleration device also hardware acceleration in settings is grayed out.Did cleaninstall etc clean old drivers .nothing changed.the issue still exist..drivers version 17.3.3 works fine.any idea why ?
    Thanks*Smile

makisxxx, Apr 21, 2017
  8. Lufel Win User

Ok Ken, Sorry but I've been working on the problem and wanted to answer with some resulta. I've tried all options relatedly to driver issues with no luck so I though that best was best and reinstalled win10. The first time, after a little. Win wen into sleep mode and wouldn't boot back into the desktop normally but it would in safe mode, all of this without even installing the video drivers ( by the way mine is Gainward GTX 680 video card). So, at that point, I set back from the raid array I had made and put the two HD running individually in ide mode. I did a reinstall of win on one ohf the disk as it showed its space as unlocated. This time things went better and the screen was holding not going to sleep. This until I started to install the latest drivers from Nvidia and a couple minutes after the installation started it went to sleep again and is not booting to the desktop. At this point I'm thinking that it could be a hardware problem yet I don't understand why it does boot in safe mode, can you help? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

Lufel, Apr 22, 2017
  9. rvbfan Win User
    It boots into safe mode because it is using onbord graphics most likely.
    Can you beg, borrow, steal another card and see if that works? At least
    that will eliminate one thing.
    If you can't do that take the card out and remove drivers and see if it works.

rvbfan, Apr 22, 2017
  10. Lufel Win User
    Well. I'll start by begging even tough I already know I'll will probably have to borrow or steal as I don't have many PC oriented friends. The thing is I need to know what the problem is if I'm going to try to solve it.

Lufel, Apr 22, 2017
  11. rvbfan Win User
    That's what we are trying to do. Right now we are trying to see if it is in fact a hardware problem.
    Could be your card, could be the PCI-x slot on the motherboard, could be software, trying to
    eliminate things right now.
    It could even be chipset drivers.

rvbfan, Apr 22, 2017
  12. Lufel Win User
    Ok, thanks a lot for the help. I'll get on with my begging as, like I said, I need to know what is going on.

Lufel, Apr 22, 2017
  13. rvbfan Win User

rvbfan, Apr 22, 2017
  14. Lufel Win User
    Evga lga 1366 132bl- e758

Lufel, Apr 22, 2017
  15. rvbfan Win User
    Have you tried moving the card to another slot?

rvbfan, Apr 22, 2017
Thema:

1. No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV - Similar Threads - Win10 desktop monitor

2. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly: I have a pair of Samsung S24F356 monitors, driven by the Quadro P1000 graphics card. These are each connected with a Rankie Mini DisplayPort Mini DP to HDMI Cable, 1.8 m. Win10 64 bit sees 2 monitors but had loaded Generic PnP drivers for both. I have just "updated" the...
  3. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly: I have a pair of Samsung S24F356 monitors, driven by the Quadro P1000 graphics card. These are each connected with a Rankie Mini DisplayPort Mini DP to HDMI Cable, 1.8 m. Win10 64 bit sees 2 monitors but had loaded Generic PnP drivers for both. I have just "updated" the...
  4. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disenabling seeing pictures from my desktop to my TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disenabling seeing pictures from my desktop to my TV: Photos from my desktop HP all of a sudden appeared on our family TV as a screensaver of sorts while deciding what platform Netflix etc. we wanted to watch. How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?Thanks in advance....
  6. TV Monitor

TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  7. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  8. Desktop oversizing on TV monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop oversizing on TV monitor: I cannot figure out how to adjust the desktop size to display correctly on the big screen Samsung TV that I have plugged to my windows 10 laptop. It is very close, but a smidge too big. Any advice? I have tried all obvious adjustments in settings and control panel....
  9. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Support
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  10. Hook up monitor and TV from desktop

Hook up monitor and TV from desktop: I can hook up my monitor or my tv individually. I can not get both to work at the same time. I have updated all software. I checked with NVIDIA and they say that this card should do both at the same time. I have windows 10....