Windows 10: No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

Discus and support No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wolfgang BETZ, Jun 14, 2021.

1. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting "Show Icon and test" and there seems to be a kind of empty placeholder for the icon, but no icon is displayed.

:)

Wolfgang BETZ, Jun 14, 2021

2. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather icon was there. Perhaps something I changed in Windows is now preventing it from showing.

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar [​IMG]

streetwolf, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 14, 2021
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

1. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar - Similar Threads - weather icon News

2. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  3. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  4. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  5. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  6. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

7. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image below and started to corrupt the Notification icons. The Notification Area corruption issue apparently is a known issue and MS...
  8. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...