Windows 10: no web site notification

Discus and support no web site notification in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by namsilat, Oct 8, 2017.

1. namsilat Win User

no web site notification

Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications from other sites such as Facebook. I am using Chrome so I have been tweaking its notifications in setting, until I tried other browsers such as IE and also received no notifications from this web site. The web site assured me that they are sending out notifications and nobody else has complained about this problem. At this point it looks to be a Windows 10 issue, not a browser issue, so I have been looking at notifications in setting for Windows 10, but there's really nothing there that affects notifications in browsers. Does anybody have any idea or suggestion as to what else that I can check or tweak?

:)

namsilat, Oct 8, 2017

2. Pinned Live Tile Inquiry

Hi Babytub25,

Yes, Live Tiles for web sites can pull data, but only if the web site supports it. Live Tiles for Web sites are powered by
    Periodic Notifications, where the phone pulls text and images from polling uris hosted on a server at a predefined polling interval, and displays this content on the Web site’s tile. This works for both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1

The web site developer can implement this via meta tags on the web page, a special manifest file on the site, or via a Javascript API. If the web site developer does not implement this, then the Live
    Tile is a just a static book mark on your start screen.

Web site developers can learn more about Periodic Notifications
    here

Christopher Miller, Oct 8, 2017
  3. No Notification Center

As per information on web sites/internet the upcoming windows updates will fix your issue about notification center.

Krishna Parab, Oct 8, 2017
  4. torre Win User

no web site notification

Random thoughts:

What other browsers besides IE and Chrome ? Try Edge and also reset/reinstall Chrome, then adjust settings.

Do you have an app/software installed to receive the notifications ? Possibly reinstall ?

Could your AV be blocking them ?

Check the Event Viewer (Control Panel/System and Security/Admin Tools/Event Viewer)

Change your settings at the website ? Decline notifications and then select notifications again, or possibly re-register.

torre, Oct 9, 2017
  5. namsilat Win User
    I was thinking about many of those possibilities, so I fast forwarded to another step, I tried on another computer and it also failed to receive notification from this particular web site. At this point I am thinking about port 443 in the router which affects all the computers. If for some reason port 443 is blocked in the router, could I still be able to receive notification from sites like Facebook?

namsilat, Oct 12, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    Not certain. Perhaps others may opine.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no web site notification

1. no web site notification - Similar Threads - web site notification

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. notifications from web sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    notifications from web sites: I am getting a popup window in the upper right corner of my screen. I think it is because I inadvertently allow notifications from some websites by clicking on "allow". How can I get rid of or block these popup windows?...
  4. closing web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    closing web site: DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-web-site/2be7e596-49d2-4640-8c5f-e73f3bef8eee
  5. Foreign web site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Foreign web site: How can I access out-of-town websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/foreign-web-site/1ad86974-f5f1-4546-82ba-3128dfd666cc
  6. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  7. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  8. web site loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  9. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...
  10. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...