Windows 10: No webcam in device manager

Discus and support No webcam in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alaaqassab, May 30, 2020.

1. No webcam in device manager

Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download.

For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device window.

The imaging devices that are listed are all scanners. Not a single webcam listed.

:)

alaaqassab, May 30, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, May 30, 2020
  3. beau Win User
    Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

No webcam in device manager [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

4. Borolad57 Win User

No webcam in device manager

USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and didn't have access to my PC.

I'm trying to check whether the webcam is blocked or not by following your instructions. I've followed Step 1 and 2 OK as requested. Your step 3 implies to me that I should now see a list of blocked apps in a box. However when I click on
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall what I get is a list of the allowed Apps and Features rather than a list of Blocked Apps. I cannot see webcam or anything similar in the list of allowed apps.

Did I follow your steps correctly. Am I missing something here?

Webcam is still classed as hidden in Device manage and the Camera App still cannot see it.

Regards

Borolad57, May 30, 2020
Thema:

No webcam in device manager

1. No webcam in device manager - Similar Threads - webcam device manager

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager

C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager: The C920 PRO Webcam is only detected very seldomly by Windows.It does not even appear in device manager.When I boot macOS on this computer, the webcam is always working under macOS.This is an AORUS Z390 MASTER Mainboard. Does Windows have problems with the USB ports?What...
  6. The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.

The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.: Hello,My webcam does not work. It is not there in the device manager. I suppose it would only work if the driver is available in my pc. But it wasn't always so. I've already tried the "View Optional Updates" solution. There is no optional update at all. None of the...
  7. Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager

Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager: Hello, I was in a google meet when my webcam completely shut down and stopped working. I have an integrated webcam and have already looked at a fair amount of the similar threads to this to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked so far. I have a Samsung Notebook 5 and...
  8. Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager

Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager: I have tried repeatedly but unsuccessfully to get the webcam to work. I have been advised to go to device manager and click on camera or imaging device. But neither camera nor imaging device are listed in the device manager. I likewise tried other routes-device...
  9. webcam driver missing in device manager

webcam driver missing in device manager: several times i install and uninstall the HP universal camera driver. but i cannot see it on my device manager. and i don't have imaging devices too. By the way my unit is HP EliteBook 820 64bit upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. since then the camera doesn't work. i have...
  10. Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager: In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera. But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices. [img] Where in Win10 can I enable and disable...