Windows 10: No Wi-Fi Adapter

Discus and support No Wi-Fi Adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by savvyleroux, Sep 26, 2018.

1. No Wi-Fi Adapter

There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router, restatred the Windows Explorer, restarted my router and pc, and still nothing. All other devices in the house are able to connect to Wi-Fi without a problem.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PICTURES.

No Wi-Fi Adapter ac3a8524-56c4-461c-946c-a640a949c31f?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter 7480dd6f-3510-4790-ae76-227806fdceb7?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter 734c5cfa-0e8e-4534-bd45-256454a2455b?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter cdab84e0-d47e-4fa9-a654-39a1439b476b?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter 3ef6440a-53ab-4920-b288-a58a2fe024ba?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter 69bcd02e-7863-47a9-bd26-29aaacf09e21?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter d7d14ec6-dce6-4dfb-8133-006f446efd58?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter 0636109f-6be4-4603-b29d-7753db0b28fa?upload=true.jpg

No Wi-Fi Adapter 3c32cf8e-b160-49ce-a889-0e1e30ad7221?upload=true.jpg

:)

savvyleroux, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

No Wi-Fi Adapter

Wi-fi adapter doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?

• Have you updated all the Wi-Fi drivers?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the
    issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager”

• On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it

• Right on the “Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’

• Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

No Wi-Fi Adapter

1. No Wi-Fi Adapter - Similar Threads - Adapter

2. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing: The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager and it is not there. I did select show hidden devices but it still does not show up. I then tried to install it from the device manager via add legacy hardware, but it does not...
  3. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing: The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager and it is not there. I did select show hidden devices but it still does not show up. I then tried to install it from the device manager via add legacy hardware, but it does not...
  4. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  6. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  7. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  8. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  9. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  10. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...