Windows 10: No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

Discus and support No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; we have had to reinstall windows 10 and find that wi fi will not connect to router, we cannot find any information in the help / diagnosis sections on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by redrowsufferer, Mar 19, 2019.

1. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

we have had to reinstall windows 10 and find that wi fi will not connect to router, we cannot find any information in the help / diagnosis sections on how to get the wi fi back. Obviously we can gain access to the internet via a hard wire from the router but this restricts our movement .

Any help would be much appreciated, not being too technical basic info would be beneficial many thanks

Dave

:)

redrowsufferer, Mar 19, 2019

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 19, 2019
  4. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10

1. No wi fi after reinstalling windows 10 - Similar Threads - reinstalling

2. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  6. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  7. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  9. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  10. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wifi after reinstallation of windows

2. no wifi after windows 10 reinstall

3. no wifi after reinstallation