Windows 10: No wi-fi option in network and internet

Discus and support No wi-fi option in network and internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't have a wifi option under Network & Internet. I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ali AhnafZunayed, Jun 4, 2019.

1. No wi-fi option in network and internet

I don't have a wifi option under Network & Internet. I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. Plz help me!

No wi-fi option in network and internet c3ae1219-df51-432e-9d37-054a29e0009d?upload=true.png

:)

Ali AhnafZunayed, Jun 4, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

No wi-fi option in network and internet

Wi-Fi option

Hello,

Several reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common issues with Network Adapter Settings on the computer.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Network, click on Network Adapter.

Method 2: Update your network and Wi-Fi drivers. An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause network problems.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

If the issue persists, we would like to know the following information to pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Are you using a laptop, tablet or desktop computer?
    • Are you using an external Wi-Fi adapter?
    • Have you made changes to your system before experiencing this issue?

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

No wi-fi option in network and internet

1. No wi-fi option in network and internet - Similar Threads - option network internet

2. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  3. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  4. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet: Hello guys,I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. I saw that to resolve this problem you have to enable to “Wi-Fi” option in “Network Options” but I don’t even have that option anymore. :/Please help...
  6. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet: Hello guys,I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. I saw that to resolve this problem you have to enable to “Wi-Fi” option in “Network Options” but I don’t even have that option anymore. :/Please help...
  7. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

8. No Wi-Fi Option in network taskbar

No Wi-Fi Option in network taskbar: I dont know what happened but suddenly wifi option disappeared and only airplane mode is visible which is greyed out. I did everything i could --- reset network , wlan autoconfig, reinstall wireless driver and at last RESET PC which ultimately gave no result. In Settings...
  9. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi is present and enabled. I...
  10. NO Wi-Fi option under Network&Internet Only Ethernet

NO Wi-Fi option under Network&Internet Only Ethernet: Hello I need help I don´t have wifi option udner network&internet i can only go to the internet with a ethernet cable plugged in.Please Help....