Windows 10: No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

Discus and support No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulieMoore68, Mar 18, 2020.

1. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi is present and enabled. I have updated the drivers. I am able to get on-line by setting up the connection directly. But if I go elsewhere, I cannot open the network center to see what is available to connect to. I also have trouble with some emails using Outlook not recognizing that I am online.

I have turned off the selection about allowing the computer to turn off the device to save power. I have gone through every other option shown in prior posts. Nothing seems to work.

:)

JulieMoore68, Mar 18, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 18, 2020
  3. MargLum Win User
    Under Settings, Network & Internet: option to set WI FI On or Off is not shown

I use a Rogers Hub (router) wireless for internet; it was working perfectly yesterday with Windows 7!

Just downloaded Windows 10 this AM

I can access the internet if I connect the hub directly into my Toshiba laptop; however, I cannot access on a wireless basis.

I've gone the troubleshooting ............. no success!!!

One of the recommendations: Go to Settings, then Network & Internet ............. ensure that WI FI is ON

BUT the WI FI option is not displayed on that list.

Hope someone can help me.

Marg

MargLum, Mar 18, 2020
  4. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

1. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings - Similar Threads - option Network Internet

2. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  3. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings: I have an HP All-In-One Windows 10. Today, I don't know what happened, but the Wi-Fi icon in the tray in the bottom right corner disappeared I've dealt with that before, so that's not the issue and then when I went to the "Network & Internet" tab in Settings, the option for...
  4. No Wi-Fi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet: Hello guys,I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. I saw that to resolve this problem you have to enable to “Wi-Fi” option in “Network Options” but I don’t even have that option anymore. :/Please help...
  6. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet: Hello guys,I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. I saw that to resolve this problem you have to enable to “Wi-Fi” option in “Network Options” but I don’t even have that option anymore. :/Please help...
  7. No Wi-Fi option under Network & Internet

8. Missing "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" & "Advanced Options" Under Settings>Network & Internet>Wi-Fi

Missing "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" & "Advanced Options" Under Settings>Network & Internet>Wi-Fi: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am trying to turn off "Wi-Fi Sense". I am not seeing the "Manage Wi-Fi Settings" when I go to Settings>Network & Internet>Wi-Fi I also noticed the "Advanced Options" is also not there. I have attached a screen shot....
  9. No wi-fi option in network and internet

No wi-fi option in network and internet: I don't have a wifi option under Network & Internet. I noticed that there was a question similar to mine, however the recommended solutions did not work for my problem. Plz help me! [ATTACH]...
  10. No Wi Fi in network & internet settings

No Wi Fi in network & internet settings: My Wi Fi icon is not in my Win10 I don't recall it ever being there. I upgraded from Win8. Can I download a Realtek driver to support this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wi-fi-in-network-internet-settings/9efbb332-f55d-4888-a058-ecf83703f794