Windows 10: No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

Discus and support No Wi-Fi option on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i recently built my own PC, which was all going well until when i was greeted with the desktop i noticed that i couldn't connect to WiFi. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrettDawson, Jan 10, 2019.

1. No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

So i recently built my own PC, which was all going well until when i was greeted with the desktop i noticed that i couldn't connect to WiFi. The only option available was Ethernet, i have a wireless adaptor which does work as I have used it on my old computer for the past year. i looked up countless problem solving tips which none seem to work, i have also downloaded all the drivers necessary. At this point I am still stuck with no WiFi and am only able to connect via Ethernet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BrettDawson, Jan 10, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2019
  4. omkar Win User

No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

Wi-fi option is not available?

Wi-fi option is not available in my windows 10 pro so what can i do to bring Wi-fi option?

omkar, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

1. No Wi-Fi option on windows 10 - Similar Threads - option

2. sign-in options just keeps loading to no avail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign-in options just keeps loading to no avail.: When i go to settings > accounts > sign-in options, no options are shown it just keeps loading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-just-keeps-loading-to-no-avail/2bf0226f-da19-461d-89c4-28d821be81ec
  3. sign-in options just keeps loading to no avail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in options just keeps loading to no avail.: When i go to settings > accounts > sign-in options, no options are shown it just keeps loading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-just-keeps-loading-to-no-avail/2bf0226f-da19-461d-89c4-28d821be81ec
  4. I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...: I cannot get it to work. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-wifi-to-work-on-this-laptop/8348af4b-ddd1-496a-9656-21f2558cf33d
  5. I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...

I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...: I cannot get it to work. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-wifi-to-work-on-this-laptop/8348af4b-ddd1-496a-9656-21f2558cf33d
  6. I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is there a way to disable “sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or...

Is there a way to disable “sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or...: I’d like to know the answer to this because everytime i go to turn my PC off and turn it on the next day, “sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” shows up....
  8. Is there a way to disable “sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable “sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or...: I’d like to know the answer to this because everytime i go to turn my PC off and turn it on the next day, “sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” shows up....
  9. Single click option only with point to select?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single click option only with point to select?: Before I reset my pc, I was able to single click on a file or folder to open it, and there was no hover/select. Now that I've reset it, I can't get rid of the hover/select unless I switch to double click.Why is this, and can it be fixed?Thank you...
  10. Single click option only with point to select?

Single click option only with point to select?: Before I reset my pc, I was able to single click on a file or folder to open it, and there was no hover/select. Now that I've reset it, I can't get rid of the hover/select unless I switch to double click.Why is this, and can it be fixed?Thank you...