Windows 10: No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

Discus and support No Wi-Fi option on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i recently built my own PC, which was all going well until when i was greeted with the desktop i noticed that i couldn't connect to WiFi. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EllenWynn, Oct 30, 2019.

1. EllenWynn Win User

No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

So i recently built my own PC, which was all going well until when i was greeted with the desktop i noticed that i couldn't connect to WiFi. The only option available was Ethernet, i have a wireless adapter which does work as I have used it on my old computer for the past year. i looked up countless problem solving tips which none seem to work, i have also downloaded all the drivers necessary. At this point I am still stuck with no WiFi and am only able to connect via Ethernet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

EllenWynn, Oct 30, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2019
  4. No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

No Wi-Fi option on windows 10

1. No Wi-Fi option on windows 10 - Similar Threads - option

2. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option: I ran the compatibility test with PC health App and it says that my system is eligible for Windows 11. However, I don't get any option in the windows update to upgrade...
  3. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option: I ran the compatibility test with PC health App and it says that my system is eligible for Windows 11. However, I don't get any option in the windows update to upgrade...
  4. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wifi option keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option keep disappearing: My wifi driver and adapterkeep disconnecting and the wifi option disappeared it said code: 45, it started a few day ago, at first its only one time now its multiple time a day. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it because of the hardware or software? Should i...
  6. Wifi option keep disappearing

Wifi option keep disappearing: My wifi driver and adapterkeep disconnecting and the wifi option disappeared it said code: 45, it started a few day ago, at first its only one time now its multiple time a day. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it because of the hardware or software? Should i...
  7. microsoft store shows my D: drive as an option but I cant select it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store shows my D: drive as an option but I cant select it.: if I select it as the path for MS store, it just simply refuses to change it. I've changed the default path for new files in the windows settings, I've terminated and repaired the MS store application several times. I just got fallout 76 and I cant download it because MS...
  8. microsoft store shows my D: drive as an option but I cant select it.

microsoft store shows my D: drive as an option but I cant select it.: if I select it as the path for MS store, it just simply refuses to change it. I've changed the default path for new files in the windows settings, I've terminated and repaired the MS store application several times. I just got fallout 76 and I cant download it because MS...
  9. Window split screen option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window split screen option: The way that I normally I split my screen differently than the preset options that you have when you hover over the window icon on an open window. Is there a way that I can create my own setting? If not then where do I suggest this to Windows?Thanks!...
  10. Window split screen option

Window split screen option: The way that I normally I split my screen differently than the preset options that you have when you hover over the window icon on an open window. Is there a way that I can create my own setting? If not then where do I suggest this to Windows?Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wifi option windows 10