Windows 10: No wi-fi setting

Discus and support No wi-fi setting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi i've been having trouble with my laptop, i'm trying to connect it to a wifi but the icon is missing from the taskbar, so i open up setting menu to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RenOutOfSauce, Jun 6, 2020.

1. No wi-fi setting

Hi i've been having trouble with my laptop, i'm trying to connect it to a wifi but the icon is missing from the taskbar, so i open up setting menu to try to connect it from there but there's no wifi setting, i've tried multiple different fixes that i found on the internet, i've tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter, i've tried reinstalling my wireless adapter, i've change the wlan autoconfig service startup to automatic, and nothing seems to work. Can someone help me resolve this issue? Thanks

submitted by /u/RenOutOfSauce
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RenOutOfSauce, Jun 6, 2020
  2. LadyDay53 Win User

No Wi-Fi Settings

I recently purchase a computer with Window 10. It was a refurbished unit. However, there is not listing for Wi-Fi in Windows period. It is not listed in network settings.

How do I connect to Wi-Fi with this system?

Estelle

LadyDay53, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 6, 2020
  4. No wi-fi setting

wi-fi settings

Hi. My name is Miles.

This Wi-Fi router configuration (or Wi-Fi base station) can be set to obtain better performance, security, and reliability when using Wi-Fi networks.

Follow the steps indicated below:

• Make sure that the firmware of the Wi-Fi router is up to date.

• Make sure Wi-Fi devices are compatible with the recommended settings.

• If possible, back up the configuration of the Wi-Fi router.

• Skip or delete the Wi-Fi settings of your network on all devices that connect to the Wi-Fi router. This will prevent the devices from trying to connect to the network with the previous configuration. You must reconnect the devices to the network when you
    finish setting up the new configuration.

• Configure all Wi-Fi routers that are on the same network in the same way. If you do not, the devices may have problems connecting to the network or the network may be unreliable.

• If you use a dual-band Wi-Fi router, set the same configuration for the two bands.

MilesPruett, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

No wi-fi setting

1. No wi-fi setting - Similar Threads - setting

2. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...: I need to prevent one drive from using space on disk C. I have tried various solutions such as file on demand etc. to no avail. I have decided to simply remove one drive. But after unlinking, disinstalling and even after having emptied one drive of almost all files show 0.2 G...
  3. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...: I need to prevent one drive from using space on disk C. I have tried various solutions such as file on demand etc. to no avail. I have decided to simply remove one drive. But after unlinking, disinstalling and even after having emptied one drive of almost all files show 0.2 G...
  4. One drive folder still uses 80 GB in settings/system/storage after:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: In my setting menu i am unable to open Privacy & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/6ca10f88-08e6-4871-8650-f473953f0136
  6. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: In my setting menu i am unable to open Privacy & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/6ca10f88-08e6-4871-8650-f473953f0136
  7. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  8. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  9. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. set login timeout for organization

set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa