Windows 10: No Wi-Fi when charging

Discus and support No Wi-Fi when charging in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Wi-Fi works perfectly fine when my laptop is unplugged, but whenever it is plugged in to charge, the Wi-Fi doesn't work. It will usually say "Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hypeinator, Aug 19, 2019.

1. No Wi-Fi when charging

My Wi-Fi works perfectly fine when my laptop is unplugged, but whenever it is plugged in to charge, the Wi-Fi doesn't work. It will usually say "Can't connect to this network" or it will say "No internet, secured"

:)

Hypeinator, Aug 19, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Aug 19, 2019
  4. No Wi-Fi when charging

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

No Wi-Fi when charging

1. No Wi-Fi when charging - Similar Threads - charging

2. ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING NOT WORKING: Hi please i use the ASUS X555LD laptop running on windows 10 64 bit. i downloaded the ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING APP but the options to change it to balance mode and maximum lifespan mode are all grayed out. please nay help on how to fix this...
  3. Windows 10 - Battery - Charges to 80% only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Battery - Charges to 80% only: My battery is set up to charge to 80%. How to I change it to charge a 100%? I have a laptop hp 14-ac100ne Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-battery-charges-to-80-only/2a839c95-a40a-41cc-92dc-b8c4a4cd60db
  4. Windows 10 latest update 1709 introduced "Plugged in, not charging" for Lenovo G50-30 laptop

Windows 10 latest update 1709 introduced "Plugged in, not charging" for Lenovo G50-30 laptop: I have Lenovo G50-30 laptop and after Windows 10 latest 1709 Update it induced a battery charging problem. It states "Plugged in, not charging" Only when OKO care tool of Lenovo is used to toggle "Conservation mode" (Disable then enable then disable again) charging starts....
  5. Windows 10 latest 1709 Update induced "Plugged in, not charging"

Windows 10 latest 1709 Update induced "Plugged in, not charging": I have Lenovo G50-30 laptop and after Windows 10 latest 1709 Update it induced a battery charging problem. It states "Plugged in, not charging" Only when OKO care tool of Lenovo is used to toggle "Conservation mode" (Disable then enable then disable again) charging starts....
  6. Laptop charging too slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop charging too slowly: I charged my laptop overnight and it only went up to 51%. I charged it again and it went down to 50%. There have been no recent changes that would explain why this is happening. The laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 710-11IKB....
  7. Battery Plugin not charging ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver Asus s430fn

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Plugin not charging ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver Asus s430fn: After upgrading my windows 10 to version 1903 on my asus s430fn, i have case with my battery status that stucked in 95% and there is no estimation time left information appear. then i try to downgrade my windows version into 1809 with the latest upgrade (August 17,...
  8. Microsoft calling about charges to bank $399.99

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft calling about charges to bank $399.99: Hello, I have been getting calls from different numbers saying that I will be charged $399.99 if I do not respond to their call. This man had an Indian accent and I could hear many other callers in the background. He said that I would need to cancel my membership and gave me...
  9. Laptop is not charging properly after windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop is not charging properly after windows update.: After a recent update of windows 10, my laptop is not charging properly. Randomly it shows it is plugged in but not charging and the battery never charge beyond 91%. I changed the battery recently so I believed its not an issue of battery quality....
  10. Battery Charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Charging: My laptop battery is intermittently CHARGING and NOT CHARGING. I feel it started perhaps after the windows installed the latest cumulative update for windows 10 version 1903 for x64. Thx in advance for your feedback and support...