Windows 10: No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10

Discus and support No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everything working fine this morning - then Laptop just did an automatic update - rebooted the system and now seem to have no ability to connect WiFi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SAChacko, Apr 3, 2020.

1. SAChacko Win User

No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10

Everything working fine this morning - then Laptop just did an automatic update - rebooted the system and now seem to have no ability to connect WiFi. Normally i connect to NBN wirelessly and also have an emergency mobile broadband account i connect to wirelessly when on the road. Can usuallly connect wirelessly through my iphone hot spot - but none of these working now. The only way i can get internet is if i plug in my iphone using the usb. Can anyoe help me to fix this? Thank you

:)

SAChacko, Apr 3, 2020

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Apr 3, 2020
  4. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. No WiFi after WIndows update Win 10 - Similar Threads - WiFi update

2. Windows 11 update, Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update, Can't connect to wifi.: After an update on windows 11 I can't connect to wifi. Not even giving me the option to. The icon is gone. I restarted my pc multiple times, I reset to factory settings, nothing. I am trying to figure out how to fix that looking at all the recommendations online and nothing....
  3. Windows 11 update, Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update, Can't connect to wifi.: After an update on windows 11 I can't connect to wifi. Not even giving me the option to. The icon is gone. I restarted my pc multiple times, I reset to factory settings, nothing. I am trying to figure out how to fix that looking at all the recommendations online and nothing....
  4. Freeze while updating wifi drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freeze while updating wifi drivers.: Hi, Device:- Dell Inspiron 1545Few days ago my laptop had started to freeze at the windows loop and it didn’t start. After that I tried to install windows 10 newly but I didn’t wanted to waste my money to buy a bootable drive. So, I reset my laptop and reinstall my old...
  5. Freeze while updating wifi drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze while updating wifi drivers.: Hi, Device:- Dell Inspiron 1545Few days ago my laptop had started to freeze at the windows loop and it didn’t start. After that I tried to install windows 10 newly but I didn’t wanted to waste my money to buy a bootable drive. So, I reset my laptop and reinstall my old...
  6. Freeze while updating wifi drivers.

7. How do I update my drivers without wifi or ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update my drivers without wifi or ethernet: So, I just recovered the laptop Precision 3580 Dell and so on the setup process I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi, so I bypassed it. When I got into the computer, I can't connect to Wi-Fi or ethernet or Bluetooth....
  8. How do I update my drivers without wifi or ethernet

How do I update my drivers without wifi or ethernet: So, I just recovered the laptop Precision 3580 Dell and so on the setup process I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi, so I bypassed it. When I got into the computer, I can't connect to Wi-Fi or ethernet or Bluetooth....
  9. How do I update my drivers without wifi or ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update

Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update: Every time I try to update my system I get a BSOD netwtw10.sys, I'm beginning to think its my two wifi adapters. My motherboard comes with an onboard wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card for better connection strength. I tried to find solutions elsewhere, bur I came up with...