Windows 10: No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

Discus and support No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I booted up my PC yesterday I had no internet connection, no WiFi icon in the Task bar; and when I open Network & Internet in Setting, it churns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim Mazzella, Mar 15, 2023.

1. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

When I booted up my PC yesterday I had no internet connection, no WiFi icon in the Task bar; and when I open Network & Internet in Setting, it churns for a few seconds then crashes closes. I have tried all the fixes I found on microsoft page for this problem and none has worked. Among other things, done a virus scan Norton 360, All hardware appears to be working and I have received no indication of corrupted files.

:)

Jim Mazzella, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 15, 2023
  3. SORA16 Win User
    Network and internet settings couldnt open

anyone can help me to solve this network and internet settings could not open? Mywifi connected but i could not open the network and internet settings..the windows settings work fine except for this network and internet settings not functioning..using windows 10.and could not click on and off the wifi icons, airplane mode and mobile hotspot..ive tried reset wifi adapter, sfc, and dism..none of it work..please help

SORA16, Mar 15, 2023
  4. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

Windows 10 Settings crash and Network and internet settings crash

Today I noticed a message about a drive having some sort of error (I don't quite remember what it was) and I clicked it and followed the prompts. My laptop ended up restarting and when it was on again I noticed no wifi connection. I clicked on the wifi
    menu and it was just loading forever. I tried to open Network and internet settings and it would crash immediately. I eventually got it to open periodically, but it would freeze/crash upon clicking anything or switching to other tabs. At this point opening
    the display settings or any settings at all will cause the Settings app to attempt to open, and then crash after a few seconds. I found I am still able to get to the Update and security part. Using the network adapter troubleshooter I managed to connect to
    a wifi network and to connect automatically, but many menus still cannot be opened.

ChaseDeyette, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

1. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings - Similar Threads - wifi Network Internet

2. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  3. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  4. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. network and internet settings crashing

network and internet settings crashing: when i open the available networks in my task bar it fails to load any and closes on its own.i've also tried connecting to wifi through the settings method and it fails to connect each time or does not bring up the "connecting" prompt.i would love if someone can come up with...
  6. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings: When I booted up my PC yesterday I had no internet connection, no WiFi icon in the Task bar; and when I open Network & Internet in Setting, it churns for a few seconds then crashes closes. I have tried all the fixes I found on microsoft page for this problem and none has...
  7. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings: When I booted up my PC yesterday I had no internet connection, no WiFi icon in the Task bar; and when I open Network & Internet in Setting, it churns for a few seconds then crashes closes. I have tried all the fixes I found on microsoft page for this problem and none has...
  8. network & Internet settings crashing

network & Internet settings crashing: HiI have a Windoows 10 64bit machine.When I select network & Internet settings the dialog opens then closes after few seconds without showing any options or populating the dialog boxLawrence...
  9. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  10. Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes: Hello everybody, I need some help. My internet is working, but I cannot open network & internet settings, it just crashes. I have tried safe mode, it opens in safe mode but when I go back to normal mode it wont open. It is a small issue that is driving me nuts. I have tried...