Windows 10: no wifi anywhere in my pc

Discus and support no wifi anywhere in my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have no wifi symbol no wifi icon no wlan file or driver after several attempts from Microsoft service. I have other wifi devices working so not that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanWheeler2, Apr 4, 2019.

1. no wifi anywhere in my pc

I have no wifi symbol no wifi icon no wlan file or driver after several attempts from Microsoft service. I have other wifi devices working so not that. I can not turn on hotspot and is really frustrating attached to cable

please help

:)

DanWheeler2, Apr 4, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Question about WiFi and PC

Hello. I just set up my first WiFi network on my Windows PC in my home, but I want to make sure that I am doing everything properly as it relates to connecting.

On a Microsoft support page, it states the following on how to connect to your WiFi:

Connect a PC to your wireless network

1. Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
    2. In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
    3. Type the security key (often called the password).
    4. Follow additional instructions if there are any.
    When I turn on my PC, I notice that I get Internet access immediately. I don't need to follow steps 1-4 at all. I do not have the "Connect Automatically" box checked.

Why don't I have to click on the Connect button like step 2 states? I want to make sure that my WiFi is secure, also.

Thank you.

LadyWhite369, Apr 5, 2019
  4. zcarlow Win User

no wifi anywhere in my pc

zcarlow, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

no wifi anywhere in my pc

1. no wifi anywhere in my pc - Similar Threads - wifi anywhere

2. No option anywhere to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option anywhere to turn wifi on: A few weeks ago my laptop's wifi turned off and there was no option anywhere to turn it back on. No icon in taskbar and nothing in settings. I tried all the methods to turn it back on from other questions people have asked here but nothing worked. After a few days the problem...
  3. No option anywhere to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option anywhere to turn wifi on: A few weeks ago my laptop's wifi turned off and there was no option anywhere to turn it back on. No icon in taskbar and nothing in settings. I tried all the methods to turn it back on from other questions people have asked here but nothing worked. After a few days the problem...
  4. My laptop has completely lost all ability to connect to wifi. No option anywhere. Not even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has completely lost all ability to connect to wifi. No option anywhere. Not even...: Complete lack of any ability to connect to wifi. All mention of wifi gone from the menus. Only wireless option it has is bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-completely-lost-all-ability-to/80bd391c-f1fa-4da5-824d-1b2e963eb2d9
  5. My laptop has completely lost all ability to connect to wifi. No option anywhere. Not even...

My laptop has completely lost all ability to connect to wifi. No option anywhere. Not even...: Complete lack of any ability to connect to wifi. All mention of wifi gone from the menus. Only wireless option it has is bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-completely-lost-all-ability-to/80bd391c-f1fa-4da5-824d-1b2e963eb2d9
  6. How do I reinstall a wifi adapter without a usb? It isn’t anywhere to be seen.

How do I reinstall a wifi adapter without a usb? It isn’t anywhere to be seen.: I was trying to fix my WiFi adapter and some sources said uninstall you’re network adapter then restart, it didn’t say uninstall your network adapter and scan for hardware changes then restart. Now I’m left with no WiFi adapter, I don’t have another device to install it on....
  7. How do I reinstall a wifi adapter without a usb? It isn’t anywhere to be seen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall a wifi adapter without a usb? It isn’t anywhere to be seen.: I was trying to fix my WiFi adapter and some sources said uninstall you’re network adapter then restart, it didn’t say uninstall your network adapter and scan for hardware changes then restart. Now I’m left with no WiFi adapter, I don’t have another device to install it on....
  8. My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop: My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop Not even in settings or anywhere else that i know by watching random videos and few websites Just a moment ago it was working fine then all of a sudden its gone forever...
  9. My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop

My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop: My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop Not even in settings or anywhere else that i know by watching random videos and few websites Just a moment ago it was working fine then all of a sudden its gone forever...
  10. My wifi is not showing anywhere in my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing