Windows 10: No wifi/brightness or volume

Discus and support No wifi/brightness or volume in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i need help before i have to use my repair disc to sort my laptop out, to start with i couldn't sign in with my pin and couldn't remember my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinMurray9, Feb 3, 2021.

1. No wifi/brightness or volume

Hi, i need help before i have to use my repair disc to sort my laptop out, to start with i couldn't sign in with my pin and couldn't remember my password so i reset it and still could not sign in, i tried an old password and that worked ???? thought that couldn't happen, when in my wifi button has gone and won't work even after trouble shoot and uninstall of the drive also brightness is stuck all the way up and volume doesn't work, i am thinking i will have to try my repair disc to try and sort it but i am hoping for a miracle fix, i have also tried sfc scan and dism etc

:)

KevinMurray9, Feb 3, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Clr_ Win User
    WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work

I can't seem to use function button on volume and brightness. Audio functions don't work and the system won't let me adjust the brightness on screen as well. There's no WiFi icon displayed on the bottom part of the screen and whenever I open the settings,
    there's no setting for WiFi.

I manually delete some files to free some space. Does deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder affected these? I also changed my PC name and every time I log in, it asks for my password instead of PIN. How to fix this?

Clr_, Feb 3, 2021
  4. No wifi/brightness or volume

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

No wifi/brightness or volume

1. No wifi/brightness or volume - Similar Threads - wifi brightness volume

2. Brightness and Volume controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness and Volume controls: Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard, the indicator on the top right corner does not appear but they do change, I am unable to change brightness and volume from...
  3. Brightness and Volume controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness and Volume controls: Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard, the indicator on the top right corner does not appear but they do change, I am unable to change brightness and volume from...
  4. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  5. Volume and Brightness Key Malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume and Brightness Key Malfunctions: When I hit a brightness or volume key on my Windows 10 keyboard, they do not work. Instead a dropdown menu window pops up or the software I am using goes completely full-screen and I can't get out of it even with the esc button which also opens a different pop-up window. If...
  6. Volume and Brightness keys not working

Volume and Brightness keys not working: I just recently got this laptop around the Holidays. I noticed a few problems with this laptop, my brightness and volume F-keys weren't working, my screen kept on exiting out to home screen, and my cursor wasn't working at times. Then, I restarted my laptop and everything...
  7. Volume and Brightness Popup

Volume and Brightness Popup: From today the popup for volume and brightness changes just disappeared. What should I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-and-brightness-popup/5b2ec86f-ec03-49af-9582-63a6f6557dba
  8. Volume and brightness keys not working

Volume and brightness keys not working: Hi, I hope someone can help. I've only recently noticed that my sound and brightness keys/buttons don't work as they should, regardless of whether or not the function button is pressed. I am using Windows 10 Home on my very basic Lenovo laptop which is roughly 1-2 years...
  9. WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi, Brightness and Volume won't work: I can't seem to use function button on volume and brightness. Audio functions don't work and the system won't let me adjust the brightness on screen as well. There's no WiFi icon displayed on the bottom part of the screen and whenever I open the settings, there's no setting...
  10. Volume/Brightness bar missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/Brightness bar missing: I have a problem with that top left bar not showing up. I can't really see my volume level (i can still click that speaker button down on the taskbar, but that's annoying) and i can't see my brightness level. I tried uninstalling keyboars/sound drivers, sfc scannow,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant increase brightness wifi and sound