Windows 10: No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.

Discus and support No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]My computer isn't connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables. I've never had to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TMaye, Mar 21, 2020.

1. TMaye Win User

No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.

No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on. [​IMG]My computer isn't connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables.

I've never had to do that before.

I know the wifi network os working because my firetv is connected to it.

I even tried connecting to my phones wifi but NOTHING os visible. Looking through the troubleshootings, i discovered that i do not have a "Wi-Fi" button anymore.

I dont know how to fix this. Please help!

:)

TMaye, Mar 21, 2020
  2. flawles Win User

wifi icon stuck in airplane mode despite full connectivity

I just (Dec. 19, 2015) completed the latest update to Windows 10, had trouble with my volume icon, fixed it, then found my wifi icon is stuck in airplane mode despite the laptop having full wifi functionality. Tried turning system icons on and off through the "task bar and start menu properties" dialog box, tried various combinations of "on" and "off" while restarting the entire system, nothing works. I've connected and reconnected wirelessly by both using a physical button (shaped like an antenna emitting parentheses-shaped waves) and by using the icon that's now stuck in airplane mode. I can access the internet, but I can't see the status in the task bar as I used to. All I see is the icon shaped like an airplane, even while I'm clearly not in airplane mode and when I should therefore be seeing the wifi icon.

I know this is a very specific situation, but does anyone know of a possible solution? As the wifi connection can be unstable, it would be nice to have the icon functioning again so I know at a glance when my wifi is out.

flawles, Mar 21, 2020
  3. JJinaus Win User
    Irritating Issue with Airplane Mode

A while back, our internet went down for a few days. We had to buy a wifi router and I connected wifi through a USB stick to my desktop. When the internet came back, I disconnected the wifi and reverted to LAN.

Now the airplane icon is stuck there even though there is no wifi attached, the only internet connection in the Network and Connections screen is the LAN connection, so there is no way I can get rid of it. When I windows A, there is no option for wifi or disabling airplane mode.

Can anyone please make any suggestions?

JJinaus, Mar 21, 2020
  4. oabryant Win User

wifi icon stuck in airplane mode despite full connectivity

task bar
    -----------------------
    Recently, I installed Win 10 Version 11.321.14393.0 but was unable to remove or disable the Airplane Mode. My fix: enable the "Radio Management and Airplane Mode Service" in the Services. This allowed the Wi-Fi and Airplane Mode icon settings to toggle independently and in conjunction.
    So far, I've been able to remove only the Airplane Mode icon from the Action Center (lower rt. screen) by unchecking the "Allow computer to turn off device" settings found in Devices -> Network Adapter w/Hidden Devices selected. When boxes are unchecked, the AM icon is removed from the Action Center.

oabryant, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on. - Similar Threads - wifi button internet

2. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  3. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  4. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI BUTTON MISSING ONLY THE BUTTON FOR AIRPLANE MODE: This problem has been going on for months now and I can't use my pc because of this. I have online classes and It would really help if somebody knows how to fix this. I have tried all of the possible way to fix this by doing research and watching yt tutorials nothing worked....
  6. airplane mode icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    airplane mode icon: The airplane mode does not show up on my computer. How do I install it or could some thing be blocking it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-icon/5c6d896a-61cf-4711-9923-6aa65a37987e
  7. Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode

Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode: [img] I'm seeing something I never seen before. When I left click on the Internet Icon that looks like a computer on my task bar there are words and an icon I never seen before and not sure how to remove. See above image. I never seen the words "Change settings, such as...
  8. No wifi button on internet icon

No wifi button on internet icon: My computer isnt connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables. Ive never had to do that before. I know the wifi network os working because my firetv is connected to it. I even tried connecting to my phones wifi but...
  9. Airplane mode/wifi

Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. airplane mode icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode icon: My wifi icon has changed to the airplane mode icon, but I am not on airplane mode. My internet is working normally. Any idea why this happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-icon/5c3b4d2e-f6da-40b6-a8ef-7ca4158a5562

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no internet wifi just airplanemode