Windows 10: No wifi button on internet icon

Discus and support No wifi button on internet icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer isnt connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables. Ive never had to do that before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TMaye, Mar 21, 2020.

1. TMaye Win User

No wifi button on internet icon

My computer isnt connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables.

Ive never had to do that before.

I know the wifi network os working because my firetv is connected to it.

I even tried connecting to my phones wifi but NOTHING os visible. Looking through the troubleshootings, i discovered that i do not have a "Wi-Fi" button anymore.

I dont know how to fix this. Please help!

:)

TMaye, Mar 21, 2020

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Wifi icon says "no internet access" but the internet still works

Hi,

The issue might be caused by the network driver or its connectivity. We suggest you to run Network troubleshooter. Right-click
    WiFi icon and choose Troubleshoot problems. Follow the steps that will pop up on the screen. This will help you automatically resolve the concern on the status of internet connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 21, 2020
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. No wifi button on internet icon - Similar Threads - wifi button internet

2. No WiFi Button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi Button: So here's the thing. My Wi-Fi stops working abruptly. Whenever my device goes to sleep for a good period, when I wake it, my Wi-Fi disappears. I try restarting, it doesn't help. I also try network reset and have done so several times. It worked the verry first time the issue...
  3. No wifi button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi button: I can't connect my laptop to wifi as there is no wifi button after I did a factory reset. I looked in the Device Manager's Network Adapters and there doesn't seem to be a 'wireless card driver' as far as I can tell. All I see there is: Realtek PCle FE Family Controller and...
  4. Why did my wifi internet button disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my wifi internet button disappeared: Why did my wifi button disappeared on my computer screen and in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-wifi-internet-button-disappeared/d040e0a7-490a-4919-b5a6-9df1fefab6bc
  5. Why did my wifi internet button disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my wifi internet button disappeared: Why did my wifi button disappeared on my computer screen and in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-wifi-internet-button-disappeared/d040e0a7-490a-4919-b5a6-9df1fefab6bc
  6. No internet, no wifi Icon

No internet, no wifi Icon: Hi, tried to install a windows update. Now i dont have any wifi, and no icon. Ive tried turning icons on, forcing a connection, and many of the other fixes that the internet provides. None have worked. When i do try to turn icons on for network its just grayed out and i cant...
  7. Internet and WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar.

Internet and WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar.: Last night, the internet was working just fine and i left my laptop to charge and slept. The next day however, i looked and there was no internet icon on the taskbar. [ATTACH] I searched and tried everything i saw and it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what do i...
  8. Wifi icon missing on Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi icon missing on Network & Internet settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/qubeKs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqjgep/wifi_icon_missing_on_network_internet_settings/
  9. No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.

No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.: [IMG]My computer isn't connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables. I've never had to do that before. I know the wifi network os working because my firetv is connected to it. I even tried connecting to my phones wifi...
  10. WiFi icon missing from "Network & Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi icon missing from "Network & Internet": Hi, My MSI Laptop is now missing the WiFi icon within "Network & Internet", using Windows10. I've tried the following: * Reinstalling drivers (this has previously resolved the problem), including restarting laptop * Disabling and uninstalling via device manager, including...