Windows 10: no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book

Discus and support no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my Surface Book I have no internet connection after I wake it up from sleep. Wifi is connected, but just showing no internet. Turning it off and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nomisvat, May 4, 2020.

1. nomisvat Win User

no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book

On my Surface Book I have no internet connection after I wake it up from sleep. Wifi is connected, but just showing no internet. Turning it off and on again helps sometimes, but sometimes I have to reboot. Seriously annoyed by this and probably the last time I'll use one of these expensive ****.

I saw some tutorials on how to fix it and get around it, but often with the warning "be careful with these settings, you could seriously **** up your machine". Like how on earth is it possible that I have to dig so deep into settings that I could ruin the machine on such a trivial problem like wifi. How is that no fixed by Microsoft? This is so crazily annoying, having to wait for wifi for 10 mins. How is this not adressed when so many people have this problem.

:)

nomisvat, May 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 4, 2020
  4. no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book

Surface Book - WiFi disconnects when locked

Hi, I have a surface book 2 and the WiFi always disconnects when the laptop is locked (not sleeping).

I have Windows 10 1709 build 16299.192, and there is no option in the advanced power settings for network or WiFi. What can I do to ensure WiFi stays connected when the laptop is locked.

James Bellaart, May 4, 2020
Thema:

no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book

1. no wifi connection after sleep on Surface Book - Similar Threads - wifi connection sleep

2. No internet connection on surface book

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection on surface book: My Wi-Fi is saying “no internet open” for all networks. I have tried everything in self help forums and nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-on-surface-book/7f1a34f7-bf76-43ac-b6e3-d89c6a0ba9e5
  3. No internet connection on surface book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection on surface book: My Wi-Fi is saying “no internet open” for all networks. I have tried everything in self help forums and nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-on-surface-book/7f1a34f7-bf76-43ac-b6e3-d89c6a0ba9e5
  4. No internet connection on surface book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  6. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  7. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues

Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues: Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363.836 Wifi Driver version: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc 15.68.17017.115 Seems as though I am not the only one with this issue. But I cannot reliably connect or use my existing home's wifi 2.4Ghz band or the 5.0Ghz band at all. Super low/weak...
  9. Surface Book Wifi problem

Surface Book Wifi problem: I have recently purchased a Surface book and in the process of setting up updated to the latest version of Windows 10. 1909. This appears to have killed the WIFI and Blue tooth. In Device Manager I can see the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller, but it is...
  10. Surface Book missing Connected Standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book missing Connected Standby?: Greetings! A question regarding the Connected Standby feature on my Surface Book with Performance Base. According to the image below it appears as if it's not being listed ( neither as available OR unavailable ) on my system? [img] Am I missing something or have the...