Windows 10: No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections

Discus and support No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a WAN Miniport on my computer. I've been using it for 8 years with zero problems. I did a Windows update last night, and now I have no option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by c-stan, Jan 22, 2019.

1. c-stan Win User

No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections

I have a WAN Miniport on my computer. I've been using it for 8 years with zero problems. I did a Windows update last night, and now I have no option to use wifi. None at all. When I check Device Manager, it shows my WAN miniport is installed and working properly; however, when I go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings, it only shows Bluetooth and Ethernet available. For some reason, it's not recognizing my WAN Miniport at all. I've tried everything in the Troubleshooting, and it keeps telling me that either I need to plug in an ethernet cable (yeah, thanks) or that there's an unknown error (also super helpful). I've tried uninstalling the Miniport and scanning for hardware changes. I've tried rebooting. Nothing is working. Please help, as I work from home.

:)

c-stan, Jan 22, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 22, 2019
  3. legend383 Win User
    "Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Jan 22, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections - Similar Threads - wifi connection available

2. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  3. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  4. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  6. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  7. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

8. WiFi not showing under Network Connections

WiFi not showing under Network Connections: Above is my available Network Connections. I have been using ethernet for 10 years, but now I moved and need to connect to my new WiFi wireless instead of with Ethernet. I've watched all the videos regarding this subject and none is working. Any way to make the WiFi network...
  9. No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice: hello, I am writing this on my phone. I got an Acer Aspire about a week ago and it has always connected to my wifi no problem. now it won't, and it says no internet options are available. [IMG] when i try to troubleshoot it, it leads me to this [IMG]i found on another...
  10. Wifi not visible at all in Network/Internet Settings...No connections available

Wifi not visible at all in Network/Internet Settings...No connections available: Soon after replacing my laptop battery, I have totally lost the ability to even detect an available wifi connection on my home network. My other computer, my kindle, & phones all work fine. Im using an HP ENVY running Windows 10. I have tried: Removing said battery if its...