Windows 10: No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates

Discus and support No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not very technical but here goes.. I installed the latest, two big Windows 10 updates last night. I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop. Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by melissamyers langley, May 8, 2019.

1. No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates

I am not very technical but here goes.. I installed the latest, two big Windows 10 updates last night. I have an HP Pavilion g series laptop. Now, I cannot connect to wifi, in fact, my laptop can't find any devices connected wirelessly to the laptop, not even a list of my neighbour's networks. My phone is fine and I can connect via an Ethernet cable. Please help!

:)

melissamyers langley, May 8, 2019

2. Latest Windows 10 update destroyed WIFI connection.

Hi,

This issue may occur due to corrupt network drivers or settings. For us to better assist you with your WiFi issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you check this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10, click all the options
    in the article and follow the instructions provided to troubleshoot the issue with WiFi.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 8, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, May 8, 2019
  4. wabbles Win User

No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 8, 2019
Thema:

No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates

1. No wifi connection/list or anything after latest Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - wifi connection list

2. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  3. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Window 10 update failed to use Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Window 10 update failed to use Wifi connection: I updated the window from there onwards i did not get network options "WIFI" . it is supporting to only LAN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-window-10-update-failed-to-use-wifi/7a2f7622-ff83-4020-b207-0321cde92869
  6. wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.: after a windows up date my HP Envy laptop wont stay connected to my wifi network. nothing has changed, router is still in the same location, i havent re set anything with the laptop. my phone, surface pro4 tablet, firestick all use the same network and never lose connection,...
  7. After latest Update of Windows 10, Wifi WONT Turn On

After latest Update of Windows 10, Wifi WONT Turn On: There was an update 3 days ago. After update, i restarted my laptop and wifi cant turn back on. There is red x. As soon as i try to turn it on it goes back off. So i tried everything on this community it just didnt work. Install driver uninstall driver like you know and...
  8. Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.: Since the latest Window's 10 up-date, I have been un-able to connect to the wifi at either my work or home router unless I am 20 cm from the gizmo. I have tried the resets and the advice provided by the virtual assistant to no avail, please help. ***Changed Original Title...
  9. WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell...

WiFi will no longer connect and stay connected after latest update (Windows 10, Dell...: I was working on my computer Saturday night when all of a sudden I no longer had internet connection. I double-checked the router, and it was fine. But I rebooted it anyway. I checked my iPhone, my iPad, and my old Gateway (Windows 7) PC, and all of them were connected to...
  10. Does not auto connect to home wifi after latest W 10 updates

Does not auto connect to home wifi after latest W 10 updates: C55-A5180 Toshiba laptop windows 10 preview 10122 After the latest windows 10 updates the laptop will remember the network but I have to manually click to connect the wifi. I have it set to auto connect, see picture. Any Ideas? [img] 6411