Windows 10: No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

Discus and support No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, I am writing this on my phone. I got an Acer Aspire about a week ago and it has always connected to my wifi no problem. now it won't, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BethanyHershkowitz, Apr 30, 2020.

1. No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

hello, I am writing this on my phone. I got an Acer Aspire about a week ago and it has always connected to my wifi no problem. now it won't, and it says no internet options are available. No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice [​IMG]

when i try to troubleshoot it, it leads me to this

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice [​IMG]i found on another forum while googling someone said to right click the wifi adapter under the network connections in the control panel to see if it's enabled, but it's not even appearing

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice [​IMG]and i cant check for updates because it says i'm not connected to the internet. I don't even have an ethernet cable :- I dont think it came with one. someone help me please

:)

BethanyHershkowitz, Apr 30, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Apr 30, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Bree Win User

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

'Not connected' doesn't necessarily mean the WiFi adapter isn't working, just that you have not yet connected to an available network. If it is working then a list of available WiFi names should appear when you click on the WiFi icon on the taskbar which looks like this
    when not connected.

If the list is empty then either the antenna is not connected to the WiFi adapter or the adapter isn't working. This may be a driver problem rather than hardware, so look in Device Manager for any yellow warnings. Also check that the WiFi adapter is not disable in Device Manager.

Thema:

No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice

1. No wifi connections available, no wifi adapter choice - Similar Threads - wifi connections available

2. Can't connect to wifi/not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to wifi/not available: Over the weekend my computer suddenly lost connection to the WiFi. I've attempted every fix I've found on countless pages including resetting my network settings, forgetting connections, restarting router, multiple pc resets. Nothing works, I'm able to see connections 10% of...
  3. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  4. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  5. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Unable to connect to wifi but wifi is available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi but wifi is available: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but it seems like I cant get answers anywhere. Anyways, my pc has been getting internet issues for the past month now. I have accesible wifi on all devices in my house except for my pc. Every morning i boot up, i have to restart...
  7. Wifi choice missing

Wifi choice missing: In my settings, Wifi is missing from the Network & Internet menu. I cannot install a wireless printer. This is strange since I already have a different wireless printer and it works perfectly. When I click "show available networks", the wireless adapter does not show....
  8. How to connect WiFi adapter

How to connect WiFi adapter: I'm not very computer literate, so simple language please! Like others, I have suddenly lost WiFi internet access on my PC (Windows 10). I get No Available Networks. Having tried all suggestions for about six hours, I wondered if it's to do with WiFi adapters. I went...
  9. No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No wifi connection available under Adapter Settings / Network Connections: I have a WAN Miniport on my computer. I've been using it for 8 years with zero problems. I did a Windows update last night, and now I have no option to use wifi. None at all. When I check Device Manager, it shows my WAN miniport is installed and working properly; however,...
  10. Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi: Hey there, I have a problem connecting to my Wifi. The problem started when my I started my PC after sleep mode or Hibernation, earlier I updated my Windows 10. [ATTACH] There is no WiFi option available in Networks setting and also the WiFi adapter is absent from Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no wifi adapters are available