Windows 10: No WiFi connections detected on laptop

Discus and support No WiFi connections detected on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am just having some trouble with my laptop, because when I open the network bar, it shows no Wi-Fi networks show at all, I can't even turn off or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Isaac Brumby, Sep 10, 2019.

1. No WiFi connections detected on laptop

Hi, I am just having some trouble with my laptop, because when I open the network bar, it shows no Wi-Fi networks show at all, I can't even turn off or on the Wi-Fi, it is frustrating me quite a lot. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.74 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Dell Inspiron 13-5378

Windows 10 Enterprise 1809

Please can someone help, thank you.

:)

Isaac Brumby, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 10, 2019
  3. My laptop can't detect WiFi connections

I have a Lenovo G510 running on windows 8.1. My laptop can't detect WiFi even though there are several in my place. My other devices can connect to the WiFi but my laptop can't even detect it.

I ran a troubleshoot through the options in Control Panel and it said that it was resetting something, probably whatever the quirk in my PC that was responsible for receiving wifi signals. It worked but the connection only lasted for minutes and then my
    PC could not detect WiFi again.

I ran the troubleshooter again and then my WiFi options just disappeared. The setting only showed options and settings of Ethernet connection & bluetooth but no sign of WiFi.

AthaliahVivo, Sep 10, 2019
  4. No WiFi connections detected on laptop

Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

No WiFi connections detected on laptop

1. No WiFi connections detected on laptop - Similar Threads - WiFi connections detected

2. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection: Acer Asus gaming laptop won’t detect new networks. Connects to old ones just fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-detect-new-wifi-connection/a04265ce-6292-4ecc-b915-ddc81d48e09a
  3. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection: Acer Asus gaming laptop won’t detect new networks. Connects to old ones just fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-detect-new-wifi-connection/a04265ce-6292-4ecc-b915-ddc81d48e09a
  4. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  6. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  7. Laptop detect wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect wifi anymore: My laptop doesn't detect any wifi anymore. I don't really have much knowledge in computers/laptops/tech stuff. I was told by a friend that my laptop a bit old model already (Asus X441SA). So I tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. I also bought a wifi dongle (I...
  8. HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.

HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.: I've got an HP Envy. I recently added a wifi extender and the HP is unable to detect it or my wireless printer never could. Every other device in the house has no problem detecting or connecting to either. It has no problem with the main router connection, it connects there...
  9. Laptop not detecting Wifi options

Laptop not detecting Wifi options: my laptop has suddenly stopped detecting my wifi. When I click on the globe symbol to connect to wifi it doesn’t detect anything. It is neither detecting my broadband wifi nor is detecting my hotspot from my phone. I tried the AI support on HP and have done everything it said...
  10. Laptop not detecting wifi

Laptop not detecting wifi: My laptop is not detecting wifi signal of any of the broadband but if I create a hotspot network through mobile then it detects that.. Does this means that it is not detecting signal of a particular band or vice-versa.....