Windows 10: No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs.

Discus and support No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently moved my computer upstairs and now no wifi networks are showing up. Before, when I was downstairs I had ethernet, but I could still connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dean swetz, Dec 6, 2023.

1. No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs.

I recently moved my computer upstairs and now no wifi networks are showing up. Before, when I was downstairs I had ethernet, but I could still connect to wifi if I wanted to. Now, no wifi networks are showing up when I try to connect to wifi? Anyone know the issue?

:)

dean swetz, Dec 6, 2023
  2. mel2000 Win User

Cannot browse upstairs PC from Downstairs

I can see both Windows 10 PC's listed in Windows Explorer (under the Network tree on the left hand panel).
    I can browse both computers from the upstairs computer.
    I cannot browse the (Ethernet wired) upstairs computer from my downstairs (wireless) computer.
    The upstairs computer first asked for my downstairs Windows login, which I gave, and I was able to browse my downstairs PC from upstairs.

There are two accounts on the upstairs computer and I can access both after entering their individual credentials. When I try to browse the upstairs computer from downstairs it prompts for the upstairs computer's username and password (for some reason the name of my downstairs PC is listed as the domain in the popup window). The username/password combo is rejected. I've tried every credential used on the upstairs PC but none are accepted.

I opened the Credential Manager and there are no Windows credentials listed on either PC. I added a credential to the upstairs PC but I still wasn't able to browse it from downstairs.

If I can't browse the upstairs PC from downstairs then I don't want the upstairs PC to be able to browse my downstairs PC. However, I can't find a way to retract whatever permission I gave the upstairs PC. Upstairs users have free reign to browse my User and Public folders.

I'd appreciate any help to allow me to access the upstairs PC or to force the upstairs PC to enter my credentials for access as before. Thanks.

mel2000, Dec 6, 2023
  3. pewe Win User
    Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs. 117808d1485975958t-wifi-networks-not-showing-wifi1.jpg

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs. 117809d1485975958t-wifi-networks-not-showing-wifi2.jpg

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

pewe, Dec 6, 2023
  4. GeorgeD55 Win User

No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs.

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs.

1. No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs. - Similar Threads - wifi networks showing

2. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....
  3. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network will not show up after network reset: I followed a different support thread to get my network connection pack to normal speeds, but after the restart, the wifi network will no longer show up as an available option despite the router working just fine....
  4. Wifi network will not show up after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs.

No wifi networks showing up after moving computer upstairs.: I recently moved my computer upstairs and now no wifi networks are showing up. Before, when I was downstairs I had ethernet, but I could still connect to wifi if I wanted to. Now, no wifi networks are showing up when I try to connect to wifi? Anyone know the issue?...
  6. WIFI network not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI network not showing up: HelloI have a gaming PC and have an issue where I cannot seem to get my WiFi connection to show up.It was working absolutely fine until today when I installed a further M2 SSD into my motherboard Asus x570-eWhen I booted, I had no WiFi available and the M2 drive didn't come...
  7. WIFI network not showing up

WIFI network not showing up: HelloI have a gaming PC and have an issue where I cannot seem to get my WiFi connection to show up.It was working absolutely fine until today when I installed a further M2 SSD into my motherboard Asus x570-eWhen I booted, I had no WiFi available and the M2 drive didn't come...
  8. No wifi networks show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi networks show up: I don’t know much about computer software. I’ve been really confused lately with my pc. I fiddled around with some settings and I think I messed it up pretty bad. What do I do? submitted by /u/GoldenBlob [link] [comments]...
  9. No WiFi networks showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi networks showing up: I turned a bunch of things in services.msc from automatic to manual so my computer would run better and now no networks are showing up and I cant follow other tutorials on how to fix because they require you to download stuff and I cant download stuff without internet and I...
  10. WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi networks not showing up: On version 1903 I’m having an issue where if I turn off my WiFi (or out it on airplane mode) and turn the option back on it won’t find any WiFi networks. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but it’s so damn infuriating. submitted by /u/mariofan426 [link]...