Windows 10: No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists

Discus and support No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/march34th [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/march34th, Dec 3, 2019.

1. No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists

/u/march34th, Dec 3, 2019

2. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If your computer can connect to the previous WiFi networks automatically, but there are no network names showing on the network list, then this could be an issue with the network discovery. To check if this is the case, open the Control Panel, go to Network
    and Internet, click Network Sharing Center, and click Advanced sharing settings, then check if the Network discovery is on. If it's not, select Turn on network discovery, then click Save changes.

If the issue persist after enabling the network discovery, you can follow other helpful steps from this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/...

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 3, 2019
  4. No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists

Network Problem

Hi Shalei,

One of the possible reason that there are no network names showing on the network list is due to issue with the network discovery. For us to isolate the issue, we'll need the following details:

• Is this only happening to your computer? Have you tried to connect different device to see if the issue persists?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

To help you with this issue, follow these steps to check the Network Discovery:

• Right-click the Start button then select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet, and then Network and sharing.
    • Click on the Change advance sharing settings
      option on the left pane, then check if Network discovery is turn on.

If issue persists, follow further troubleshooting steps on how to
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists

1. No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists - Similar Threads - WiFi networks showing

2. Problem with WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with WiFi networks not showing up: I have diagnosed the problem but I am unsure how to fix it, my Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC has an issue. The device status shows: 'This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful}'I found the issue using device...
  3. Problem with WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with WiFi networks not showing up: I have diagnosed the problem but I am unsure how to fix it, my Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC has an issue. The device status shows: 'This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful}'I found the issue using device...
  4. Problem with WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network discovery between Ethernet and WiFi doesn't show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network discovery between Ethernet and WiFi doesn't show: I have a Desktop ethernet connection, aswell as a laptop connected the the same network through 5Ghz, I have other devices what use the 5ghz connection that show up on my network discovery on my laptop, but am unable to detect my wired desktop that is currently connected to...
  6. Network discovery between Ethernet and WiFi doesn't show

Network discovery between Ethernet and WiFi doesn't show: I have a Desktop ethernet connection, aswell as a laptop connected the the same network through 5Ghz, I have other devices what use the 5ghz connection that show up on my network discovery on my laptop, but am unable to detect my wired desktop that is currently connected to...
  7. Network discovery between Ethernet and WiFi doesn't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. network discovery problem

network discovery problem: Windows Pro 10, with latest updates applied. I have an annoying problem. Sometimes when I click on network in the file explorer ap, I get shown a computer on the network that is not part of my local network. One such name is PIX-STAR-70d09. If I click on that computer, I get...
  9. Network discovery problem

Network discovery problem: I have 4 computers all connected to a switch via ethernet cable. The switch is ethernet connected to the router/modem and all IP address are reserved/administered in the router by the individual MAC address of each computer. All computers are win 10 pro, either ver 1803 or...
  10. Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery

Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery: So, I have had this issue since 1709 and 1803 hasn't fixed the issue. So I have a Mac Pro set up as a server, and on my Surface I can see the shares and access it just fine. But when I go to my Gaming Computer which is all connected to the same network it can't seem to find...