Windows 10: No wifi on my laptop?

Discus and support No wifi on my laptop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this problem a few months ago, and now it's doing it again. Last time it fixed itself, but I don't know how. The wifi on all my devices in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alienbicc, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Alienbicc Win User

No wifi on my laptop?

I've had this problem a few months ago, and now it's doing it again. Last time it fixed itself, but I don't know how.

The wifi on all my devices in the house are working, except for my laptop. I've tried turning the modem off an on (twice), I've restarted my laptop multiple times, but to no avail. It shows other available wifi networks that are close by (neighbours), but not mine. Sometimes it doesn't show any at all. I've tried troubleshooting, nothing. Even my tech savy father couldn't figure it out!

:)

Alienbicc, Dec 15, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 15, 2018
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 15, 2018
  4. karyeowl Win User

No wifi on my laptop?

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

No wifi on my laptop?

1. No wifi on my laptop? - Similar Threads - wifi laptop

2. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  3. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  4. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  5. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  6. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  7. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  8. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  9. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...
  10. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d