Windows 10: No WiFi option after Windows 10 automatic update - Intel NUC8i7HNK

Discus and support No WiFi option after Windows 10 automatic update - Intel NUC8i7HNK in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Almost brand new Intel NUC, a couple of months old with an internal/ integrated WiFi. Have tried everything, got internet connection working using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AWHS, Dec 4, 2018.

1. AWHS Win User

No WiFi option after Windows 10 automatic update - Intel NUC8i7HNK

Almost brand new Intel NUC, a couple of months old with an internal/ integrated WiFi.

Have tried everything, got internet connection working using Ethernet cable.

Used the "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" to update all drivers.

- It reports success

Reinstalled the Intel WiFi drivers and rebooted.

- It reports success

There is no Wifi option anywhere that I can see in Windows 10.

- Nothing in the list of Network adapters

- No WiFi symbol in the taskbar

- The Windows network assistant is bloody useless

- Network and Internet settings has no WiFi option

- Performed a network reset

- Windows Network Diagnostics is no help (basically unreadable)

It is like windows has decided over the past few days to completely ignore any WiFi built into the machine.

Almost clean NUC, there is no other software installed that could cause a problem.

:)

AWHS, Dec 4, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 4, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No WiFi option after Windows 10 automatic update - Intel NUC8i7HNK - Similar Threads - WiFi option automatic

2. WiFi Automatic connect options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Automatic connect options: Greetings, I am running Windows 11 and have issue with WiFi connect defaults. I want to prevent any/all "auto" connections. There is a checkbox, that when I uncheck it, it reverts to automatic, even after reboots. Again I am trying to boot w/o auto connecting to WiFi. Even...
  3. WiFi Automatic connect options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Automatic connect options: Greetings, I am running Windows 11 and have issue with WiFi connect defaults. I want to prevent any/all "auto" connections. There is a checkbox, that when I uncheck it, it reverts to automatic, even after reboots. Again I am trying to boot w/o auto connecting to WiFi. Even...
  4. Automatically install the optional updates in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatically install the optional updates in Windows 10.: Is there a way to set Windows 10 machines to automatically download and install the optional updates offered by Windows Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-install-the-optional-updates-in/f2361eaa-6ab1-441e-b383-9b82118f00a6
  5. No WiFi option after windows update - intel driver ac8265 is unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi option after windows update - intel driver ac8265 is unplugged: Recently i updated to the latest version of Windows 10. After the update finished , i could not loacte or find any WiFi network When i checked my drivers and checked the hidden ones i saw that my Intel dual band ac8265 was disconnected I...
  6. No wifi option after update help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi option after update help!: Cant access internet via wifi after update. When i go to network connections to troubleshoot the problem, only an ethernet option is available. I dont have access to ethernet as my router is quite far from my computer. What the hell happened here? Searching for wifi or...
  7. Windows 10 not automatically connecting to WiFi after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not automatically connecting to WiFi after 1909 update: Is anyone else seeing this problem? After updating to 1909 build of Windows 10, my laptop does not automatically connect to WiFi. I have tried selecting forget on both the 2.4 and 5G connections and reconnecting them with the Connect automatically when in range option set...
  8. Windows 10 Automatic Update Options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Options.: My Advanced Options gives 3 Update Options. 1) Give me updates for other Microsoft Products...etc. 2) Automatically download updates even over metered data connections...etc. 3) we'll show a reminder when we're going to restart...etc. 2) is the problem...it will not go...
  9. Intel Display Audio went missing after windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Display Audio went missing after windows 10 automatic update: my system setup is: CPU: i3 7100 Mobo: Asus Prime B250M-A windows 10 1803 Windows automatic installed new intel display driver 25.20.100.6323 with HDMI connected to my AV receiver Yamaha RX-V677 then to my TV. was using this setup for years without any problem, until...
  10. WiFi not automatically connecting on startup after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WiFi not automatically connecting on startup after Windows 10 update: Today I received yet another Windows 10 update and now my WiFi (Wireless) does not connect automatically on start up despite my configuration says 'automatically connect'....