Windows 10: no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect

Discus and support no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Long story short I was experiencing slow download speeds kb/s so I went to see if I had any pending driver updates. I did. 1 nvidia driver which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Emilio G77, Jun 3, 2023.

1. no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect

Long story short I was experiencing slow download speeds kb/s so I went to see if I had any pending driver updates. I did. 1 nvidia driver which I installed inside GeForce experience app. And 2 Intel drivers Bluetooth and Killer netowrk which I installed with the Intel driver support assistant app. After restarting I lost my wifi icon. It wouldn't connect, there's no wifi option in settings either. I've tried everything from rebooting to resetting network adapter and settings. Windows support agent wanted to me to just fresh install windows 11 lol...After playing around I found that under

:)

Emilio G77, Jun 3, 2023
  2. srdavis Win User

Make Windows 10 connect/disconnect to WiFi based on Ethernet connection status

Steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\ All Control Panel Items\ Network and Sharing Center > click on 'Change adapter settings' then use the 'alt button' to show menus and select Advanced Settings...
    2. Under Connections section, select Ethernet, and use the arrows to the right to move Ethernet above WiFi.
    3. Click OK.

Windows will now prefer the Ethernet over the WiFi for connecting to the internet. This should apply for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

srdavis, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Bridging wifi and ethernet connections – wifi keeps disconnecting

Hi all,

I am trying to use Windows to bridge my wifi connection to non wifi devices. I have successfully setup the bridge in Network Connections. However, the wifi only stays connected for a few seconds before it disconnects (everything is working as expected, with wired devices having internet access, until wifi disconnects). This seems to be something to do with the ethernet cable being connected, as when I disconnect the ethernet the wifi stays connected.

Things I have tried:

• Turning off power management and checking bios for any funky power management settings
    • Setting "Priority & VLAN" to disabled
    • Disabling "Automatic metic" and setting wifi to priority order – though you don't seem to be able to change this for specific connections when bridged.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

P.S. everything works fine with bridge disabled and using internet connection sharing enabled on the wifi. However I am unable to connect to devices such as printers (hence why I am trying bridged mode).

Haniel Moore, Jun 3, 2023
  4. no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect

No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi.

TarryHollywood, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect

1. no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect - Similar Threads - wifi option ethernet

2. no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no wifi option, not even ethernet can connect: Long story short I was experiencing slow download speeds kb/s so I went to see if I had any pending driver updates. I did. 1 nvidia driver which I installed inside GeForce experience app. And 2 Intel drivers Bluetooth and Killer netowrk which I installed with the Intel driver...
  3. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  4. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet: I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi....
  5. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet: I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi....
  6. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. ethernet & WIFI connections

ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  8. ethernet & WIFI connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  9. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  10. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi: Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections? 83525